Fly at new field/gate

Date/Time
Date(s) - 12/06/2020
11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Location
The Field -New Access Gate

Categories

Posted By:
Hoppy

Friday looks an Ok day according to Willyweather but wind is increasing during the day. I have set this as 11am start but can and will Mike or Ross with the keys start earlier? It looks like a cold morning at 3 degrees overnight.

This Post Has 17 Comments

  1. If flying I can probably get there by 10:30 but at this stage I may not make it at all as we are thinking about heading up north on Friday. Won’t know for sure till Thursday afternoon.

  2. Bad Angel

    Not going if its freezing until it warms up later but if its windy don’t really want to due to the wind chill

  3. Ian Milne

    Count me in , Hoppy; I’d like to test my VTOL thingy.

  4. Kermit

    GENTLEMEN FRAID I’M OUT……… WORKING AT THE SHACK WITH OTHERS SATURDAY WOULD BE GOOD INSTEAD OF SAILING MAYBE MR PRESIDENT YOU COULD TODDLE ROUND TO BAD ANGELS PLACE FOR YOUR NEW SOCKS NICE GREEN ONES

  5. Ian Milne

    Wow! That sounds exciting, my trusty Kermit!! Maybe the aforesaid loyal henchman BA will be there, bearing socks? Who knows? Ian RM, President for Life and Beyond.

  6. Hoppy

    4 20 BOM update is good for tomorrow. Let’s stick to 11am start as it will be cold overnight. Wind is forecast light to 10kts all day. Mike can you confirm farmer has been notified.

    1. No Chris, the farmer has NOT been notified, usually either Ross or I (whoever arrives first and unlocks the gate) messages him on the day just in case inclement weather causes a cancellation.

  7. Posted By: Moose but in the wrong spot so I moved it
    Moose

    Hey Kermit

    Did you know

    Scientist say the

    The world is made up of neutrons and protons

    But they left out Morons

  8. Sorry guys but I wont be flying Friday, we will be away up north.

    I was thinking about creating another Fly Day for Saturday as mentioned by Kermit but in all honesty the day looks like crap. I think Chris is correct in that Friday will be the best of a bad bunch.

    Hopefully next week it will improve.

  9. Hoppy

    Uncle G and Ricky confirmed on the forum thread and Ian here. We need Ross to unlock or I can collect key from him. Kermit if you would like to fly at your shack on this weekend or another date just set a calendar entry. Saturday is forecast 10 to 15kts so a bit of wind but nothing trained Flight School pilots cant handle.

  10. Bad Angel

    I will be there but in future who ever calls flying to check if Mike or myself can make it as one of us have to be there and contact the farmer as per our agreement and we will not deviate from this arrangement as this field took some getting and will not do anything to compromise our arrangement, it was a bit of a bummer as both Mike and myself had other arrangements which is quite unusual.

  11. Bad Angel

    Also might be a better idea to post intentions on here instead of two areas which is a tad confusing, just saying

  12. Ian Milne

    I agree ,Ross…I always look here first, but I often think I miss things appearing in other fora.

  13. Hoppy

    Forecast today us almost no wind all day but chance of 1mm rain which is almost nothing. So let’s fly and we can discuss how to book next session when there but it’s not looking good till Wednesday. I’m bringing a sandwich in case no bbq.

  14. Hoppy

    Perfect no wind morning with a light sprinkle. Will try and setup a thread for the keychain cam footage

Leave a Reply