Saturday Fly-In

Date/Time
Date(s) - 08/08/2020
11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Location
The Field -New Access Gate

Categories

Posted By:
Predator
Predator

There is a slight (very slight at this stage) chance that this bout of raw winter weather will clear up by Friday (at least the wind & rain-not necessarily the cold) and allow for a bit of a fly & BBQ lunch for anyone interested.

We will probably need to make a final call on Friday morning once we see what the day holds but at least you can flag your intentions (weather dependant of course).

I have now secured the camera on “Li’l Eagle” so hopefully no more vibrating camera every time I try some aerobatics. Also have another bipe ready for a test flight if conditions are OK. This one is a bit bigger & a lot heavier but also has much more power than the Pitts Special. It is fitted with larger wheels so should be able to handle the sheep paddock a bit better as well.

This Post Has 25 Comments

  1. Hoppy
    Hoppy

    Friday is forecast 25kmh winds at moment. Sunday looking best according to willyweather. Mike if you want a motor and prop good for the Pitts on 3S I have. I will come Friday if forecast improves.

    1. Predator

      Thanks Chris, according to John the motor & ESC in the Pitts are set up for 3S battery, he suggests the prop is wrong size or pitch but that is as far as I’ve gone with it so far. Be interesting to see what KV your motor is & prop size/pitch.
      The current motor is 1084Kv and the prop is 8 x 4

      The bigger bipe (pic above) has an 870Kv motor swinging a 12 x 6 prop

  2. Uncle G
    Uncle G

    I’m Ok for Friday, but Saturday and Sunday look better with less wind?

    1. Predator

      Yes Gerald, we may well need to change to the weekend but only time will tell.
      I’m ok for all 3 days.

  3. Hoppy
    Hoppy

    Mike I used a 1400kv with 7 x 6 prop. If you are using 1000kv you will need a 10 or 11inch prop which will look silly.

    1. Predator

      After I test the other one I’ll try an 8 x 6 or perhaps a 10 x 6 & see what the current draw is. Looks like a bit of rework if the motor needs to be replaced.

      I could perhaps use a Bix 2 motor, they are 1300kv and spin a 7 x 5 or 7 x 6 prop OK. I also have 3 spares.

  4. Bad Angel
    Bad Angel

    Up at Turners Beach Thursday until Sunday arvo

  5. Ian Milne
    Ian Milne

    Hi All! Can’t manage Friday, but any day after that

  6. Predator

    Looks like 5 to 10 kts winds Friday morning reducing around midday then returning later in the afternoon.
    As suggested by Hoppy & Uncle G there will be less wind on Saturday with only 0 to 5 kts all day.

    I’m happy for either day so your call people.
    Let me know & I will make any necessary changes after tea tonight.

  7. Ian Milne
    Ian Milne

    Thanks Mike! How about Saturday then?

  8. Ron
    Ron

    Saturday is good for me. I think Neil said he would be good for Saturday as well and he will bring his son Connor along.

  9. Predator

    OK, 3 is enough to call it. Saturday it is.

    Not supposed to rain & winds very light but I reckon you will still all need your winter woollies

    11:00am at the gate.

    BBQ lunch around midday

  10. Kermit
    Kermit

    YEP IF UNCLE G RECONS ITS GUNNA BE GOOD SO BE IT…… IM IN

  11. RonB
    RonB

    i am have a birthday to attend
    so i shall not be flying or sailing

  12. SeasideMitch
    SeasideMitch

    Saturday – I hope to be there too if Miss Piggy is to risk life and limb again!

  13. Kermit
    Kermit

    YES MR SEASIDE MISS PIGGY IS SOOO EXCITED TO DO THE LEAP OF FAITH AGAIN….. BEING THE GENTLE FROG HE IS KERMIT IS GOING TO ALLOW HER FIRST LEAP

  14. RonB
    RonB

    birth day has been cancelled
    iam going sailing

    1. Kermit
      Kermit

      HEY BULL DOG WE WANT PROOF TAKE A PICTURE

Leave a Reply