There is a slight (very slight at this stage) chance that this bout of raw winter weather will clear up by Friday (at least the wind & rain-not necessarily the cold) and allow for a bit of a fly & BBQ lunch for anyone interested.
We will probably need to make a final call on Friday morning once we see what the day holds but at least you can flag your intentions (weather dependant of course).
I have now secured the camera on “Li’l Eagle” so hopefully no more vibrating camera every time I try some aerobatics. Also have another bipe ready for a test flight if conditions are OK. This one is a bit bigger & a lot heavier but also has much more power than the Pitts Special. It is fitted with larger wheels so should be able to handle the sheep paddock a bit better as well.
This Post Has 25 Comments
I have the day off so I’m interested.
Friday is forecast 25kmh winds at moment. Sunday looking best according to willyweather. Mike if you want a motor and prop good for the Pitts on 3S I have. I will come Friday if forecast improves.
Thanks Chris, according to John the motor & ESC in the Pitts are set up for 3S battery, he suggests the prop is wrong size or pitch but that is as far as I’ve gone with it so far. Be interesting to see what KV your motor is & prop size/pitch.
The current motor is 1084Kv and the prop is 8 x 4
The bigger bipe (pic above) has an 870Kv motor swinging a 12 x 6 prop
I’m Ok for Friday, but Saturday and Sunday look better with less wind?
Yes Gerald, we may well need to change to the weekend but only time will tell.
I’m ok for all 3 days.
Mike I used a 1400kv with 7 x 6 prop. If you are using 1000kv you will need a 10 or 11inch prop which will look silly.
After I test the other one I’ll try an 8 x 6 or perhaps a 10 x 6 & see what the current draw is. Looks like a bit of rework if the motor needs to be replaced.
I could perhaps use a Bix 2 motor, they are 1300kv and spin a 7 x 5 or 7 x 6 prop OK. I also have 3 spares.
Up at Turners Beach Thursday until Sunday arvo
Still snowing up your way ?
Hi All! Can’t manage Friday, but any day after that
Looks like 5 to 10 kts winds Friday morning reducing around midday then returning later in the afternoon.
As suggested by Hoppy & Uncle G there will be less wind on Saturday with only 0 to 5 kts all day.
I’m happy for either day so your call people.
Let me know & I will make any necessary changes after tea tonight.
Thanks Mike! How about Saturday then?
Saturday is good for me. I think Neil said he would be good for Saturday as well and he will bring his son Connor along.
OK, 3 is enough to call it. Saturday it is.
Not supposed to rain & winds very light but I reckon you will still all need your winter woollies
11:00am at the gate.
BBQ lunch around midday
I will be there!
Saturday is ok for me
YEP IF UNCLE G RECONS ITS GUNNA BE GOOD SO BE IT…… IM IN
i am have a birthday to attend
so i shall not be flying or sailing
Saturday – I hope to be there too if Miss Piggy is to risk life and limb again!
YES MR SEASIDE MISS PIGGY IS SOOO EXCITED TO DO THE LEAP OF FAITH AGAIN….. BEING THE GENTLE FROG HE IS KERMIT IS GOING TO ALLOW HER FIRST LEAP
What a gentleman!
birth day has been cancelled
iam going sailing
i am going sailing
HEY BULL DOG WE WANT PROOF TAKE A PICTURE
Feel free to drop down to the field & have lunch with us after sailing.