14 July 2021    
11:00 - 14:00


The Shearing Shed - Sandford
South Arm Highway, Sandford, Tasmania, 7020, Southern Tasmania

Event Type

Wednesday forecast is hardly any wind and hopefully no showers till after 4pm. Anyone want a fly?


Cancelled due sheep shearing activities till end Saturday.

This Post Has 19 Comments

  1. Predator

    Wednesday is OK for me, all repairs completed and ready to go.

    Hopefully Greg will have the shearing completed by then as well.

    1. Predator

      Ian, that may be a bad choice of frequency as it is right next to mine 5705 (C1). We will need to ground test before flying.

      Originally you were moving to 5825 (A3) which should have been OK

      Others you could try are 5645 (C4) or 5945 (C8) or even 5477 (F1)

      Regardless, you need to test on site with all the FPV systems the other pilots are using as at present no one else interferes with one another.

  2. Hoppy

    Showers now forecast after 12 noon as trough is crossing earlier now. May need to cancel the flying so check here around 10am. Nb friday is looking good.

  3. Ian Milne

    That’s OK Mike. I just put the hat in the ring……you picked it up! I’ll move away.

  4. Moose

    Sorry boys and girls can’t make it tomorrow or Friday prior appointments Available any other time

  5. Kermit

    i shall look at the calendar tomorrow

  6. Bad Angel

    No wing to flap so it’s an editing day for me

  7. Predator

    Cool, windless & dry currently up here however it does look like it will rain very shortly.

  8. Hoppy

    Can give it a go but rain is on way so maybe a brief session. I will be there 10 30am

  9. Predator

    I think I’ll give it a miss today. Not worth the time to drive down there if we are only going to get an hour of flying before the rain sets in.

    For those that don’t need to travel as far enjoy yourselves and please make sure someone messages Greg.

  10. DavidW

    Raining at Sorell now and visual outlook not good. Reckon I shall give it a miss and unpack the ute.

  11. Hoppy

    Greg is busy shearing and doesnt want us till Sunday onwards. So I may go opossum bay instead but will wait at gate til 11 05 to stop anyone who doesnt see this note.

  12. Ian Milne

    Raining at Seven Mile Beach, so I suggest we scrub today.

  13. Ian Milne

    Sorry Chris….. my note was in before I saw yours.

Leave a Reply