15 June 2021    
11:00 - 15:00


The Shearing Shed - Sandford
South Arm Highway, Sandford, Tasmania, 7020, Southern Tasmania

Event Type

Monday looks ok for a fly with light wind but 20 percent chance of rain. And it’s a public holiday for our reigning boss’s birthday.  So who is up for a fly? Could be a bit muddy underfoot so BYO wellies.

Due to the inclement weather flying has been postponed till tomorrow (Tuesday)

Sorry for the late notice but we were waiting to see if the rain would clear.

This Post Has 28 Comments

  1. David Williams

    Will be there. will bring part assembled Razor for advice Rx position etc

    1. Kermit

      I may be able to help here Dave the position i like is the prone …second is horizontal there are more but these are my favourite pleased to help out ………………..just say’n

  2. Kermit

    yep no problem set for 11 what does our official weather Moose say BUTTT IF ITS STILL DRIZZLING ….. Nope

  3. Moose

    I was going to suggest Tuesday or Wednesday this would allow the ground to dry out a bit more
    However I should be there on Monday if its not bad weather

  4. Predator

    If the weather clears as it’s supposed to I will be there come Monday with wellies in hand (or maybe on the feet would be a better option !!)

    1. Ron

      Mike, I successfuly updated OpenTX and multi protocol software/firmware on my Jumpter T16. It’s now running the latest versions 🙂

      1. Predator

        It’s not too hard once you get your head around what they are talking about. I found the multi protocol module update sorted most of the problems with the Spektrum side of things.

  5. Uncle G

    If the weather is OK I will be there.

  6. SeasideMitch

    I will be able to join the gang supporting our great leader, mizzle excepted.

  7. Ian Milne

    I’ll be there……..Thank you Stephen for your loyal support!

    1. Kermit

      well ya know MR PRESIDENT sir I’m always there for you

  8. Hoppy

    According to the airport forecast the drizzle is due to end at 12 noon today. So we can try for then or defer to tomorrow. I can do either.

  9. Andrew

    Tuesday is ok with me. Can’t see the trees for the fog at the moment.

    1. Predator

      Yes Mr Moose, we will leave it at 11:00am start. Allow the day to warm up a bit.

  10. Ron

    Good choice to defer. White planes and low cloud/mist/fog wouldn’t end well 🙂
    Unfortunately I can’t make Tuesday.

  11. Uncle G

    The cloud is lifting and there is blue sky, but I agree tomorrow would be better, let the ground dry out a bit.
    Will be there!

  12. Kermit

    JUST LOADED THE CAR….. the sun is shinning birds tweeting no wind no fog No one playing …..guess tuesday it is Anything you need MR PRESIDENT hand warmer /blanket/ hot cuppa

  13. SeasideMitch

    A shame, I didn’t check until I got here and nobody around.
    Suns out and no wind.

  14. SeasideMitch

    Back home now and Storm Bay is glassy😉

  15. David Williams

    And there I sat in solitary splendour, full sunlight and not a croak to be heard. I left home earlier than the cancellation notice. Spoke to farmer while there, seemed happy to have us in there if we were careful not to chew paddock up with our vehicles. He was in a pretty angry mood ( not with the flying mob ) and heading off to have someone who was responsible for leaving a ram in the shearing shed with out feed or water. Ram now a unpleasant smell requiring removal and clean up. I shall try again tomorrow.

  16. Ian Milne

    Thank you , My faithful Kermit, I might need all of those nice things before the day is ended!

  17. Predator

    No cancellations today, just remember to bring your boots & don’t tear up the farmers paddocks, I suspect it will be rather wet underfoot.

Leave a Reply