RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2022 A perfect Thursday fly Reply To: A perfect Thursday fly

I thought I was early arriving at the field today @ 9:30 but there was big bad DaveW waiting at the gate for me.  Its been a rather long time since Dave has graced us with his presence @ the field due to some ongoing medical issues but the way he flew today you would swear he had been in attendance every week.

I gave Dave a hand to program his new Jumper T16 radio to his Razor (well in fact we just replaced his Rx with a spare we had programmed earlier and apart from needing to reverse the elevator all else was fine) and he was off and flying like an old pro, well done Dave.

I was anxious to test the V2 of my “Dolly Trolley” on the 3 metre FMS Fox glider.  Didn’t need to wait long for it to prove that the design worked. On my first launch, instead of using the slashed runway I opted to take off through the long grass. This caused two problems, 1) it significantly slowed the trolley down and 2) as I took off the prop struck the long grass so I aborted the launch.  The pop up ramps on the V2 trolley saved the tail from being ripped off (yet again) and the Fox landed back in the long grass completely unscathed.

For the second launch I used our slashed runway and all worked fine.

Here is a video of the second launch & flight in it’s entirety.