RC BOATING SCALE BOATS Builds Scale Boats Electric Predators Double Trouble scale Archer 650 – 6.5m offshore Runabout -Rebuild Reply To: Predators Double Trouble scale Archer 650 – 6.5m offshore Runabout -Rebuild

Got a couple more bits & pieces done today, the anchor roller is now installed & the bow rail has been etch primed & undercoated ready for painting tomorrow.

I spent half the morning searching the house for the bait board from the rear of the Archer 650 only to find it exactly where I thought it should have been, just that it was in an old ice cream tub with another one stacked inside it.

Anyway, after finding it & making the mounting rail it has now been installed. This time I used the metallic silver paint straight over the sanded brass rod (rather than etch priming & undercoating) just to see how well it wears. If it doesn’t wear well it is nice & small to clean off and repaint as per the bow rail.

Also got the “Floatie” installed on the GoPro Hero 4 (shouldn’t need the stabilised Hero 9 on this boat) so not only should it save the camera should it accidentally end up in the water, it will also make identifying the camera heading when rotating at a distance.

I’ll most likely reinstall the FPV gear on this boat for remote control once everything else is finished.