RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ The Field 2021 A day with ups and downs at the field

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Turnout was good today and I think included Moose, Dave (watching), Ross, Scott, Kermit, Ian, Andrew, Gerald, Mike and myself making 10.  Wind was perfect though not much thermals for the gliders today.

A month without flying and my FPV gear let me down. My mini mobius froze and my #32 cam went blank whilst in the air and Mike and I spent over an hour trying to find it, only to find it was inverted on the adjacent field to ours. The antennas were inverted at ground level and so the RSSI was not as helpful as if it was stuck up a tree! But at least the plane was recovered with minor damage. We finished up around 2:45pm due to the lost time searching for my downed Eagles. Kermit broke his Fox but air crash investigations suggests structural failure brought on by repeated eagle attacks.

Here is my Cloud AXN footage as no footage from my Eagles incident.

And Lepetit biplane:

And last vid from me is the TL2000. Canopy is getting a bit scuffed:

Yes, it certainly was another day out of the box.  Mr Moose did not let us down with his long range weather predictions.

It’s a pity the maiden flight of his Cessna 180 didn’t go as well as the weather. The plane flew flawlessly but unfortunately, as I predicted, on the very first landing the front wheel assembly failed which in turn caused a prop strike on the ground & a broken blade.

Moose will reinforce the front wheel mounting & fit a new prop and she should then be fine to fly again. He may even get to fly it himself next flight as at least all the trims etc are now tested & the radio programming edited to suit.

I first tested the “Li’l Eagle” with its upgraded “Race” motor. No lacking power problems now !!.

Didn’t end up flying the BumbleBee as I still cant get the telemetry working correctly with the new iNav flight control board.

Also tested the Stearman biplane after its recent firewall/engine mount replacement. She flew beautifully but I need to balance the new prop & fit a better camera next flight.

Today’s video;

I also had a nice long flight with my 2.3M Fox glider, wasn’t much thermal activity but she still stayed up for 30 minutes on 9 minutes of battery power so not too bad.

Not sure how the video came out as my RunCam 2 has been a bit flaky of late but I will see how it edits up.

Footnote: I think I’ve found the issue with the RunCam2 camera, I formatted the SD card as Fat32 instead of ExFat. Just changed it and it seems to have fixed all the instability issues but I doubt if there will be any footage from today’s flight.

Thinking for theme song for group

queen

another one bites the dust

EMMMMM …..IF A THEME  SONG   was incorporated into the flight line gang  that would have to be ANOTHER BITES THE DUST   by uncle g  opps sorry I used him as the example   which is quite unfair I would have deleted that remark but I don’t know how to use the delete button  The fur coat did another outstanding job at predicting the weather  thus saving himself from being the main coarse on the BBQ ….SAD to say FRED the brother of ralph the EAGLE  removed my aircraft from his space  by attacking it and depositing it to the earth  watched by the flight line gang  in horror  some gave up and went home but  three of us remained in defiance to him and had several more flights  with only one more incident as FRED  swooped and caught the black angel and took it to a near by tree  with out destroying it  strange but true   WE had the pleasure of the company of BIG BAD DAVE  watching  us flying but not having a go himself  as he was a tad nervous about FRED  he has almost signed up to learn to fly with the famous TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL  as usual a discount is given to all  gentlemen over the age of 90 if accompanied with a note from their mum  looking forward to teaching this promising new boy. Our own Mr hoppy has returned from over seas to once again grace the sky with his fantastic flying  kills  opps that’s skills  only to lose his putt putt  for 3 hours they searched  and only by Fred circling  over the kill site did they find it  Our resident Royalty  RON  was not in attendance today and was missed  I think   anyway SEA SIDE MITCH  was also absent  again I think he was missed to … Bad angel was in fine  performance  with  some outstand crawling to the president today and his flying was to the same standard  narh just kiddin   I think he flew   OUR president for life  FLEW HIS PUTT PUTT with outlandish skill and superb judgement  it was a true joy to watch this brilliant airman fly and for the flight line members to acknowledge  that they were in the presence of a sky god   OUR thanks must go to the flight line techno  guru MR predator for the  constant use of his skill for today he was needed badly ……… so ended another top day    2ic PRESIDENT KERMIT LA FROG      ……………just sayin

Well done on the videos men.

As usual I enjoy watching them And if you look carefully you can see our head of Top Gun Flight School doing the walk of shame.

Regardless of his excuses I will be seeking another instructor

MR MOOSES  remark about my walk of shame is a wee bit unfair  as Fred  was the result of the demise of the fox “regardless ” of this minor  embarrassment  I see no reason for him to walk away from the ON  field training TOP GUN is supplying at a mates rate  $55.00  day plus on site costs  landing tax / takin off tax  climbing over the fence tax ( if applicable )  maintenance of the flying field tax   GATE OPENING tax and the donation to the   Save the GREE TREE FROG  fund  ALL  necessary for the safe operation  of  on site flying   at the field    so do you MR MOOSE  really want to walk away from  this wonderful  training  ……….just sayin

Looks like we missed lots of flying whilst exploring the hills looking for Hoppy’s downed plane.

Anyway all was good & we got fed & had a few flights upon our return.

I don’t know whether to tell you predator  but MR MOOSE saw  HOPPY’S plane being attacked by fred and it’s final resting place  but forgot to pass this info on   ….just sayin

Dear mr bad angle

i Noticed your film

You’ll be lucky to get any views with the mug in a blue flannel at start

just saying

and I may be late but my vote for best film goes to that bad angle fella

and my condolences to Ian and moose and hoppy as they say there still making kits

mis there a possibility of a Friday fly

or has no one rubbed moose for a prediction

I bet if I rubbed Mr moose I   would get a  predicted result  …. although my last offering hasn’t stirred the fur coat

This is what really happened to Black Angel, not an eagle in sight!

OK OK well done  Mr uncle G   caught out with an excellent video  an not a word said about it  sooo sneaky their the best sort ay   a fitting tribute to a fine aircraft

A “FINE” aircraft ?????????????

She was a fine craft once some little while ago. Unfortunately it has suffered a lot of indignities since then.

arhhh now that’s cruel  when I got her she was perfect its just she had so many eagle strikes  that in the end she had to be retired  to save her from total destruction  an your film was so perfect for the farewell now she’s  in peace resting in a tree heaven  looking at our  field  an I’m sure on a quite day we will hear her prop whell  ….just say’n

SO TRUE PREDATOR SIR  so many eagle attacks does take the gloss of a fine ship but with UNCLE G’s  video  she wont be forgotten

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.