RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ The Field 2024 A fine March Mid Week Fly-In

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

‘Twas a balmy 24 degrees (later climbing to 27) @ the field today with a slight breeze & little cloud cover.

Good turn up today with 8 (from memory) in attendance. Scott only dropped in for a short visit (as he does) and Andrew & his two brothers had to be away before midday (mentioned something about fairy godmothers & flying pumpkins) but the rest of us stuck it out, well someone had to didn’t they ?

Ross aka “Bad Angel”, “Sheep Shagger” etc finally returned to the fold today after an absence of far too long.  Still suffering from injuries from his pre Christmas mishap, he is currently down to one working arm and unable to fly so I strapped him in the Co Pilot’s seat of my Sky Climber Custom (well into the FPV goggles actually) so he could at least pretend he was flying.  It was only a short shakedown cruise of the “Prowler” testing out the new Auto Pilot/stabiliser but I think he was suitably impressed, at least enough to resurrect his own Sky Climber (that has not flown for years), fit some new FPV gear to it and get ready to try flying one handed.

Kermit was testing a couple of different planes today, his “Big Greenie” was way under powered so only managed a couple of very short flights & his nice big Piper Cub (a blue one) flew beautifully (after a bit of tweaking) till he hit a bit of wind shear (well we will call it that) and came down a bit hard. Nothing that a bit of glue & tape wont fix.

Talking of glue & tape, I will also need a bit to repair my EDF powered Wing which also bit the dust.

Oh well, at least my Prowler & Wild Wing flew well.

The flying field from a different view.

Very good and nice to see you rabble were well behaved which made my job as flight line gang operations manager very easy actually I’m thinking you were all so scared of my return best behaviour was the call of the day yep that was it….

Looks like a great day and magnificent videos as usual.

Meanwhile, in Fiji…

I think ol gadget is photoshopping his pictures I don’t recon he’s there   because where’s his Lillie white legs …ay  narh he’s probably down bruny island waiting the time out …………………………………………………………….just sayn

Well that was a bit of fun being back with our gang of flyers, the day was warm and sunny but due to my milk crate incident I was just an observer but I think I caused enough havoc to make my presence felt. A fun day.

Fantastic videos from the flight line gang  The gentle giant stole my camera again but what he filmed as usual was totally useless  But the upside of this is that the camera need only one button repaired this time ….thanks mike .. …………………………………….just sayn

Fab

Hi all,

I have been working on a ranger 54′ at clean lift all this week, getting to old to be crawling around under flat bottom cruisers. Going camping on the west coast for 12 days from next Thursday.

Shuld be at the duck next Tuesday and hopefully a fly before camping.

Fab.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.