RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 A fine Mid Week Fly-In

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Yes it was a fine day for flying for the 7 that made it, I almost didn’t. (see below)

Anyway, back to the day at hand.

Stephen, Scott & Ron all had IC engined planes today that all went well, quite surprising as Ron’s last flew at Katherine N.T. in 1991.

Andrew managed to write off his little Fox glider (but I’m sure its repairable) and due to a less than perfect landing I put a couple more cracks in my 3D printed Wolf glider.

Phil had an absence note (medical emergency) & Kermit arrived rather late after commandeering his wife’s car (his had a stuffed battery again).

Scott was interested in trying out my onboard GPS to check out the speed of a couple of his planes. His fastest one didn’t have enough room inside for the GPS and the couple of others that he tried came in at around 137 kph so still a little way to go to catch the V2 Excalibur @ 171 kph or 106MPH

Other than that the warm & “almost” windless day went off without incident & Kermit even arrived in time to cook up his customary BBQ for lunch (and to provide fresh doughnuts), thanks Mr Frog.

That could have been bad Mike. Did you buy a lotto ticket on the way home.

Funny, that was exactly what my wife said when she watched the video. Perhaps I better get on line & purchase one.

Did you hangman buy a ticket after your braces broke after all hanging from the rafters woulda surely have hurt ……………………………………just sayn

Another fine contribution Mr Kermit, thank you.

Pretty good Kermit, and you didn’t need any help from your No.1 cameraman.

A bit lacking on the oops moments though.

I thank the honorable sinker for his words as to the hangmans non use of my camera  I think showing off his new hanging braces TO EVERYONE took precedent  ……an im grateful  no damaged camera buttons  as to the opps moments   No buggar wanted to give any  ……………………………………………..just sayn

Tell me anyone Why would two sensible highly  thought of  interviduals go to the dark side I can understand fruity being there but two of our own  I of course alude to the use of turps /kero/ metho /petrol or what ever powers these noisy wiz bang motors……. we have  advanced to electric motors nowadays … hallo..  knock knock…  electric ..purhaps its a age thing like going back to your youth or maybe its like a virus you will get over it  arhhh well …MY motor car is now working fine with a fully charged battery 🔋  an the dragons happy she has her car back I did notice the sinker wasnt his usual bubby self the distemper tablets musta kicked in  an the hangman  (gentle giant) was sporting a new set of hanging braces after his last lot broke …. very nice    MY pick of the videos would be predators bix sport 11………… what say you………………………………………………………………………..just sayn

Great videos everyone and it was a magnificent days flying.

You were so lucky with that truck incident Mike.  Thank goodness that no one was injured. Maybe the truck drive will pay a bit more attention while driving now?

Kermit, seeing as though you mentioned “perhaps it’s an age thing like going back to your youth”, you remided me about the original video of the plane that was filmed in 1991 (with 1991 video technology!).

So, here is the vintage video of the plane that was flown on an unused runway in Katherine NT. I think the runway was one of the left overs from WW2.

With Mike’s near miss and a similar incident that I had the other day I went and bought a traffic cam myself. Had a bit of fun trying to run the cable for the rear camera but finally got there. Just need to sort out the power cable.

From what I have seen of the video it looks quite good. It’s a Navman mivue pro 4k.

SO hangman you  wanna video of you hangin from the barn rafters after your near miss as you put it the other day   emmm you gunna share a few clips after its set up ……………………………………………………………………just sayn

What a treat a pre gadget video  Super 8 film I presume isnt great you can return to that time an see it again all be it very rough film but great in its time  thanks for a look see MR GADGET  appreciate it…………………………………………just sayn

Thank you for those kind words Kermit but I reckon I was a gadget back then also.

One day I will regale you with the invention I came up with during a military exercise at Katherine where the SAS regiment wanted to use in real combat!

an on that same day i shall regale you with the set up of a camera  on the tail of my thruster so I could watch the wing cloth flutter arhhhh now thats a story

Andrew is the best plane catcher. Yesterday I went to our local club with my Italian and Japanese friends. I spotted (for full size traffic) and did video as my fleet needs maintenance but my boat is taking priority. Here is brief footage.

Nice one hoppy  you keep trying with the camera one day you may be as good as hangman…………………….just sayn

Hey when’s next fly

Sorry

to conform to green frog in paddock

and all that

whens next crashing

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.