RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 A fine Thursday Fly-In

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Another good turn-up today with 7 pilots (although Gerald was not flying) on what turned out to be a far better day than expected weather-wise.

Virtually no wind, no rain & a relatively sunny Thursday greeted us at the field.

Scott had a couple more of his IC engined planes as well as some electrics.

Kermit had his newly refurbished Phantom quad with new integral dropper mechanism to try out as well as his Wicked Wing which he flew well till the last flight (when a flat transmitter battery resulted in a busted prop) & his small Fox Glider (that needs the motor secured correctly).

Ron had his very noisy “Flat Pack” jet which got a good workout, along with his (3D printed) Zero, (Beer Box) Spitfire & Tundra.

I managed to knock a wing-tip off the Sky Shadow wing  (just needs re gluing) but the Bix 2 sport, the Sonic64 EDF wing & the AR wing all flew well.

Phil had a recently acquired Jumper T16 radio which we programmed to his Joysway receiver in his Freedom and off he went flying as usual.

Andrew flew his Cessna & I’m not sure what else.

The sky above the field got quite busy at times with all the aircraft but there were no prangs or even close calls between planes today.

Mike, I love the switching between the front and rear camera in Flight 3 Sonic64 video and the view of underneath Andrew’s car! 🤣

Yes, that is what happens when the “Air Brakes” fail, or you bounce on landing !!

Oh so whats with the Prefect day. No doubt Kermit is the self appointed Head Prefect?

Another fine video Mr Kermit but we need to check your camera settings as your 4K videos are no where near the quality they should be. Like you stated your 1080 versions were turning out better.

Great content none the less.

THANK you best mate  No criticism for my spelling mistake from you an yep gotta get this video HD sorted  I did the 3840×2160 at 25 fps still isn’t acceptable as you say  the canera is 60bps in record mode / frame rate 25p file format 4k  / image size 8.3m /  its gunna be painful if I have to go to the sinker  with me tail between me legs begging for advice Im ready to cry just thinking about it ………………………………..just sayn

YEP AN GOD TO …. yea  that perfect day word was a tad out ay the finger went down instead of up on the keyboard but what the heck the yanks spell words wrong all the time an I sure as hell don’t give a damn …..HOW YA GOING HOPPY ….just sayn

Well Monsieur Perfect la Frog you managed to capture the spirit of the day all while I was doing roof work. The underside view of Andrew’s car will surely go viral. And will Hoppy ever travel south of the equator again?

Well look at that ONE WIDDLE SPEWWING MISTOK  AN YA STARTING to jump on a fella if it’s not our foreign correspondent then its MRS Bevs fella  ….YOU know the one….. yeah he who isn’t allowed out without enough brownie points accumulated   (is that the reason you weren’t flying with us )    an now where’s the sinker ?……………………………….just sayn

😢😢😢😢👏👏👏👏

3 of us went flying yesterday here in hot Philippines once the ultralights finished flying. Ive got 2 planes now and someone is giving me a small Tiger Moth soon to finish and fly. I ended up getting the Radiomaster TX12 transmitter. We are thinking of renting  a RV and going to Joe Nall fly in in S Carolina next year. I just paid for 2 years more retirement visa so cant see me back before then! Also still enjoying sailing here. Went out on Saturday and saw 6 A10s take off from the local airfield for more joint exercises. We are the nearest US Navy base to Taiwan. nb the grass airstrip the below video is from is a former Kamikaze strip from WW2.

Amazing flying – extraordinary control.

A trip to the USA should be great and to be independent with an RV sounds like a great idea.

Two more years without your presence will be hard, but we’re just going to have to get used to it.😉

Also dusted off my drone today. Image of our condo and footage of Bataan coastline about an hour drive from here. We have anchored a couple of times at the Nuclear Power Station at end of footage as its not commissioned.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.