RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 A fine Winter Sunday of flying

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The weather down south in Tas has been a tad ordinary over the past week but Sunday looked like it may be OK for flying so we took a gamble and it paid off.

The temp eventually rose to 16 degrees, the rain stayed away and the winds were only light to moderate.

Only had 6 players today but everyone had fun.

Scott had a couple of his IC powered planes to blow the cobwebs off alongside Stephen who also turned up with his recently acquired IC powered Boomerang. He didn’t get it off the ground today but managed, with the assistance of Scott to set up the radio & the motor so it won’t be long before its airborne.

Kermit had a new Fox Glider & a “Wild Wing” to try out but both still need a bit of work before airborne also.  At least his Phantom 2 is now working correctly again & Miss Piggy & the frog are back to parachute jumping.

I had a newly acquired Sonic64 EDF wing to try out and was suitably impressed.

The others flew various planes throughout the day & after our customary BBQ lunch (cooked to perfection by Kermit) we did a bit more flying before heading home as the afternoon started to cool off.

one more Video to follow

THIS VIDEO WAS MADE 3840×2160 24fts  but i dont recon it looks to great  what do you recon ?

Not too bad for your first attempt at 4K video. I reckon there is a wrong setting in your editor somewhere as you shouldn’t get that blocky background on clear sky etc.

Great content none the less, thank Mr Frog.

I agree with Mike, clear video but had a lot of noise in the picture? Could be the bitrate was a bit low when you rendered it?

Also, you could check the frame rate in your editor timeline, it should be the same as what the camera recorded it at 25 FPS (not fts) Also export it at 25 fps instead of 24.

This will give a smoother video.

But other than that, very enjoyable as always, and well done on the Barby……………………………………………..Just sayn

That Sonic 64 should be good for flying around trees as sometimes my prop would get caught on twigs that were hard to see thru analog goggles. Has anyone gone HD FPV yet? I cant do FPV here seeing as we share a field with ultralights. Weather is back to 34 degrees and sunny so sailing more than flying. Rainy season will start soon though.

Only on my boat, Walksnail Avatar system. The difference between the analogue and digital is amazing.

This is recorded on the Avatar camera,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.