RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2022 A non incident free Sunday fly

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

There were plenty of incidents today and the videos from others will show most of these. My only footage is from my Mavic Mini drone. But I did get Kermits Phantom drone bingle when dummy kermits leg got wrapped in a prop.  I used my Mavic Mini for Search and Rescue at the end of the day and managed to fly into a tree. Fortunately there is ‘Find My Drone’ on the phone app and that got me to within 5 metres of the drone and then there is a button to press which makes the drone beep and flash. So it only took 5min or so to find it and fortunately no damage occurred.

It was another fine day for flying but as alluded to by Chris it was not without incident.

I was testing the new release of iNav 4 in both the Sky Shadow wing & the Raptor FPV plane as as there is a bit of a learning curve with new firmware releases I was anticipating problems.

The Sky Shadow was first up and after the first failed self hand launch I was assisted by Stephen, this launch went much better but the wing would not fly level with the AP on. Upon landing I found the FC had dislodged on the first failed attempt so after re securing it the wing flew beautifully. V4 appears to work very well.

Next up was to try the repaired Bix 2 sport (fitted with a ZOHD AP). The Bix flew well (as expected) however unfortunately, when I momentarily lost sight of the plane, the ZOHD RTH DID NOT WORK and the plane disappeared, never to be found again. First plane I’ve ever lost since I started flying & I don’t know if the electronics failed or the battery disconnected after crashing but I completely lost the RSSI signal (which we always use to find lost planes). A fairly extensive search was mounted where it was last seen but as no one saw it actually go down it was a bit like the search for MH 370, going no where fast.

I opted not to fly the Raptor FPV as the rudder was programmed in the FC incorrectly & I didn’t want to tempt fate again.

For the rest of the day I just stuck with flying the Sky Shadow wing & fiddling with the iNav V4 firmware.

As for the rest, Dave & Andrew had a mid flight coming together which pretty much totalled Dave’s Razor & also left Andrew’s big 3m glider in need of elevator & fuselage repairs yet again.

Kermit had a prang with his Cub (repairable) & I think everyone else got away clean from the day.

Only one video from me today

nice one hoppy

GOT SOME GOOD STUFF THERE PRED……………..  over all nice try

Nothing exciting happened to me today unlike some others,

now heres the thing  i finished the video  got it up to utube  an its blank  so i guess i will have another go but it will be late  veryyyy late

Kermit, did you forget to take the lens cap off?

Kermit, Great video of a dark night with no moon

good try UNCLE G

GOD KNOWS WHY THE FRONT ISNT THERE BUT THE OTHER STUFF IS

A excellent video of Midnight In A Coal Mine

The Winner of This weeks G.M.A is

https://youtu.be/PQrF_k90kNs

sooooooo puttin the fur coat in the video worked ( thanks for the tip predator ) to bad we have to lower the standard just for the split toe’d mud encrusted fur coat  but a fella’s gotta do what a fella’s gotta  do

Congratulations Kermit. but I’m a bit disappointed that you missed getting the main event on camera?

I agree UNCLE G  AND I WOULD HAVE ifn that noisy  boot kickn spew throwing gas bag putt putt hadnt started beside me demanding I film iT  incidentlly I  had just turned to film the thing when it happened  SHOULD I SUE SCOTTY for the lost chance of getting the GOLDEN MOOSE AWARD with oak leaves ?

Well done Mr Frog. Another quality video from Toad Hall Productions.

Its been hard to yank / prize the GMA  from your iron clenched grasp PREDATOR  but if you hadnt told me about lots of the fur coat in the video  then dear boy you surely would still have it

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.