RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2019 A quick little Fly-In in the run up to Christmas 2019

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Great conditions early saw Ricky get his T-Rex 800E airborne followed by his large scale Hi-Wing (Cub style) plane.

Whilst the chopper flight went great the same could not be said for the plane which came down a lot harder than it went up when the wiring to one aileron failed.

Ricky wasn’t the only one to taste Terra Firma today, I managed to plant the old Steam Punk Flyer rather solidly when testing out the functions of a new AutoPilot .  Auto heading & altitude hold doesn’t work well when you are gliding below stall speed. Oh well dems da breaks.

Duty called Kermit & he had to leave early but still managed several flights with his repaired Tundra and apart from losing a wheel (which we found) all went without incident. Mental Note Kermie ALWAYS TIGHTEN YOUR NUTS after you’ve been playing with them !!

Ian, whilst hoping to give the old SPF a spin, before I put an end to that, never the less did have a couple of uneventful flights with his Bix 3.

Gerald had a early flight with his TrainStar but found the going a bit tough as the wind picked up later in the morning so he & Ricky had a play with their Mavic Pro’s instead.

I was hoping to get the new FMS Fox 2.2m glider in the air today but when doing a pre-flight check, noticed an intermittent wiring malfunction, knowing that a couple of the leads between the receiver & the stabiliser were rather short & tight, I erred on the side of caution & flew the mighty Bix II Predator Sport instead.

A quick lunchtime BBQ & chin-wag finished off the day.

All in all a good day (perhaps not for Ricky) and a nice lead into Christmas.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from everyone @ RCToysTasmania.

Good vid Mike,stripped covering off the worst wing and the damage isn,t too bad .

Fuselage is relatively undamaged,only engine box.Acouple of wet windy days and

she,ll be good to go again

Merry Christmas to everyone

Glad to hear that Ricky, I know it happens to the best of pilots and always looks worse when it first happens.

I think the old Steam Punk Flyer will also go back together again if only to finish testing that bloody T1000FS auto pilot. I’m just re printing a new motor mount and the rest of it is just a bit of glue & reinforcing tape.

Glad there wasn’t too much damage Ricky. Looked impressive when you did have control.

Here’s my video of the day. (with music for Ross)

Another nice one Gerald, I didn’t realise just how overcast the day was but the Mavic footage sure shows it up.

Thanks Mike, it surprised me as well when I watched the video.

FIRST OF ALL UNCLE G …I LOVED THE MUSIC    as always top video  ta   im just waiting for the day our beloved el president puts a camera on his planes  THEN YOU WILL SEE COMPETITION  they may be very very short films but interesting all the same  Ricky’s love child was once again showing us the art of flying  inverted / stall/ spins  and the one I love to watch vertical horizontal flight  I don’t know if that’s the right words  but flys it like his dads chopper  something I nearly perfected on todays flight  but the donk didn’t have enough power where others though I was going to crash  ha ha all part of the top gun flight training there folks  along with landing with out a wheel  nothing to it  my TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL  school trains for emergency’s like these  EASY PECIE my thanks to predator today and other days where my aircraft needed attention and a special ta for the rescue of my wheel I never saw it fall off his hearing is off but his eye sight is still sharp   The fear of losing control of the flight line brought out our beloved leader today to strengthen his control over the flight line members as he flew today no grumbles were heard  but honestly who would grumble at such a lovely leader as our own   last week I said no talking to the skinny one until he put some weight on (RICKY ) and today  we were talking to him as he did comply WELL DONE  soon dear boy you will be just like us PERFECT  my bestest mate cobber MR moose couldn’t be with us today and sadly missed  bad angel did arrive  but with out aircraft but with a little red haired  boy he found on the road  plus no camera  I did notice a deep conservation going on with uncle g about how to import music into his videos   SO  may the force be with you lot and keep safe  cheers

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.