RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ The Field 2024 A quiet little Fly-in on a Saturday morning

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

As the majority of our pilots were either sailing their RC yachts or otherwise engaged it only left 3 of us (Stephen, Mike & Ron) to enjoy the absolutely perfect flying weather @ the Field today.

No noisy IC engined RC planes to disturb the bliss, no wind & a perfect sunny day with heaps of thermal lift for those (me) that wanted it.

Stephen had to shoot through before our lunchtime BBQ as he had a prior appointment but he still managed to fly all the planes that he brought along, likewise Ron. I flew 3 of the 4 I had but there was a problem initialising the engine in the BumbleBee so she stayed on the ground.

The Wild Wing, AR Wing & Blanik glider all got good workouts though.

Had a 30 minute Thermal flight with the Blanik & only used less than 2 minutes of motor power. Powered up to around 140 then thermalled up to around 680 for what turned out to be a great flight.

We first had a visit from Gerald to drop some gear off then from Kermit & Bear after lunch to sort out a small problem with his Mavic Pro.

As the wind was picking up by then we headed off home around 14:00

Blanik video is the full 30 minute flight but the scenery looks great in 4K.

A video of Ron’s 3D printed Zero & his Tundra.

Good videos there Mike. Weather was perfect and view from up there was excellent

What an amazing view when you get up to 120m.

emmmm well it’s not often I agree with the gentle giant but yep  exceptional  very nice…  just a quicky .. as we were sailing  we saw you and did the good ol wave if you look really REALLY hard you can see us ……………………………………jut sayn

Wow! Great views from the Blanik Mike.  I like how you mixed the ground video and on board video to create a complete package.

I think I did see Kermit waving in the distance 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.