RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Another Beautiful Day in Paradise

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Well, Spring was definitely showing off today down in Southern Tas, a balmy 21 degrees & virtually no wind all morning, although it did pick up a tad after lunch.

You couldn’t have asked for a nicer day to finish the week off and all five that flew today had a wonderful time.

I started off with the BumbleBee glider then changed to the Draco for a Parachute drop then to the SonicModell AR Wing then back to the Draco after lunch.

Kermit was still having issues with his Sky Trainer (High Wing) but did at least manage a couple of sweet flights with his little yellow Fox Glider however after last weeks stabbing episode the Sinker was keeping well away from Kermit just in case he should try to impale him with yet another broken prop blade.

Gerald flew his “Eagle” today for the first time in ages along with his Bixler 3 that seems to be responding fine now it’s been fitted with a new GPS module.

As usual Phil flew his Freedom without issue.

Andrew had a couple of planes today but managed to lose an aileron from his glider which resulted in a rather hard landing.

Just watch out for Kermit’s video for all the rest of the action around the field today.

Fab

It certainly was a great day for flying and some great company as well.

Fab.

MY favourite camera angle on the DRACO is the wing very  impressive  feels like you’re in there to ………………..just sayn

I hate to say it, but I agree with Kermit, Side shots looked great Mike.

IT seems the sinker hasn’t yet forgiven me for impaling him last fly  because he bought his vicious  eagle the mechanical devil that he reprogrammed to attack I barely survived  after he fetched it upon me  I think after this assault we can call it even I of course agree with the guru of weather MR PREDATOR it was an outstanding day we had sheep eagles falcons a predator  a frog a giant an uncle and a fab ……..that’s something you wash up with  an he washed the field with his flying skills today if you flew in his wash you for sure went faster and cleaner  that bloody giant once again got possession of my camera with the result it took me hours just to edit the dribble he produced an then ofcouse there’s the deformed camera buttons I will have to replace again  BUT WAIT.. THERE IS THE SINKER  he wouldn’t even park with us at the beginning  but with the promise of a wee drop of whisky 🥃 he did come and joined us for the day  it was agreed after he fetched his rabid mechanical bird on me  and blood was shed we sorta agreed the feud is over …..sorta  that leaves the master the all powerful weather guru flying the red wonder machine DRACO  only the best of the best can handle the mighty draco even going so far as to dropping a parachutist for our enjoyment   what an outstanding day  almost perfect  ………………………………….just sayn

Kermit, again a good video but, I must mention a couple of things.

1. Get rid of that filter on your camera lens and get a real one.

2. There is no need to put titles on the screen when Andrew is filming, we can tell when he is filming by the much better video quality.

3. I have had a talk with the eagle, he will do a better job next time. (Did you know eagles eat frogs)……………Just sayn

P.S. Good job on the barbecue again.

In the interest of peace and harmony  I have noted your recommendations  MR SINKER however in Regards to the gentle giant the time taken to repair the camera and edit his vain attempt to produce …even a millisecond of useable video demands I place a disclaimer  when he steals the camera . WHO KNOWS the gentle giant may be good at somethings  gord knows what  but camera filming he is not so with Respect Mr Sinker THE titles stay ……………………………………just sayn

Thanks for all the confidence there Mr frog. Might take up cooking

Just sayn…..

thats sick ANDY  your gettin worse

Andy pandy  if I suggested that your  filming indicated confidence i’m sorry that wasn’t my intent ….god no ..but I like the idea about cooking  you might ask fab to come around to help clean up after ya  after all fab is good for washing up cleaning pots an pans ……..Andy an Fab  sounds arhhhhh FAB  …………………………………………………….just sayn

Great videos of a magical day missed by being in perfect weather in Hoi An, but I didn’t say that 32° and an endless supply of Tiger Beers is a perfect life, but…

Again today there was a pot of les frogs to be had on the menu, but out of deference to the great master frog hopping for control I resisted dipping the spoon.

I loved the in flight movie from the back seat it was a great view of the world.

Sure looks dry at Sandford 🤔

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.