RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Another fine Monday Fly-In

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Today started off a little chilly but once the sun got above the fog it warmed into a rather pleasant flying day for the six in attendance.

Apart from Andrew having a very minor mishap with his little Fox glider the rest of the day went off (almost) without incident.

Of course Kermit managed to clobber the goal posts, not only with his Wild Wing  but also with his Bixler look-alike Sky Surfer.

At least he did manage to fly one of his better models “The Big Whitie” without incident.

Stephen had been doing more fiddling with his nitro powered Boomerang and today it was sporting fully functional Flaperons & had the motor idling sufficiently low enough to now land (with full flaps) with the motor still running which allows him to taxi back to base.

Phil was testing the manual mode (no stabiliser) on his Freeman and I guess he is going OK as its still in one piece.

I had intentions of flying the Slow Poke but forgot to bring its radio (bad habits rubbing off from Kermit) so had to settle for the Wild Wing & the Prowler FPV instead.

Good video there Mike

top videos as always MR PREDATOR  ya know what i would like to see is the landing approach and landing using only the fpv  to get a feel of what you see to land other than that try to keep the gentle giant away from your cameras …..for your own good trust me ……………………………………just sayn

Great video’s Predator and Kermit!

Good to see Kermit giving credit to his exceptional good camera man this time.

(Kermit you might want to check your lens filter as you could see it in a few shots.)

I must have had a good day, as I wasn’t in the Oops moments for a change?

Now folks  who are ya gunna believe  I maintain that I was just strolling along past the tree when a flamin big possum lept from the tree and brought the plane into contact with said tree MR SINKER once again is trying to mislead ya all with a simple furfe ……the tree jumped out at him  ……now come on … everyone knows the trees can’t jump  In the video did anyone see the tree move   NO?   but if you freeze the video frame you will see the possum reaching out grabbing the plane    Now who do you believe……………………………………..just sayn

SINKER …..0

KERMIT    10

First up Mr Predator’s excellent 👌 report and filming showed what a great day it was. So much flying after lunch was hard to believe. Interesting to see the FPV screen.

Monsieur Kermit, Mrs Bev was not impressed by your candle in the wind effort for Mademoiselle Piggy, but you redeemed yourself by showing proper hugs and kisses on the second flight.

Sinker or the Frog – I looked hard for the offending possum but he was nowhere to be seen (Sinker 1) and then there was the very kind proof that frogs can fly (Sinker 2) so I think this time it has to be Mr Sinker who gets the 🏆🥇😉

Mrs bev miss piggy had a line from her parachute go under her release  pin causing the malfunction I ofcouse was terribly upset  but what was worse was the callous  remark the sinker said  I quote I guess we will have pork on the bbq   unquote  so I was supprised that Mr bev had  given the gong to a person that has no respect for a lady  ie miss piggy  may I suggest that you double his brownie points before you unleash him upon us or until he shows more respect  for the fairer sex   one last thing …..Mr bev the possum  is so fast your tv can’t freeze tne frame fast enough  …..go buy mrs bev a modern tv ……………………………….just say

My first thought were that all of a sudden Kermit can take quality video and fly properly but then I realized he has sub contracted out these duties to Andrew. Hopefully I have 2 flying sessions here over the next week at our flying site at Angeles City Flying Club. Have temporarily given up ultralight flying there as a friend just crashed after an EFATO (engine failure after take off) and broke both legs. RC flying more safe!

Dear Mr foreign correspondent as stated the gentle giant just removes the camera from my hands when ever he choses  as I am a small fragile widdle frogie i do not wish to have my legs removed and cooked as he has promised  to do and ofcouse you were joking about his ability  to film anything wernt you  …….ofcouse you were  when I was parachuting  my mate slammed into a culvert next to the strip he had his leg bone protruding from his leg just above his ankle but that never stopted us from carrying  on jumping  after he was taken away so I guess we tasweegins are made of stronger stuff so get back into to it dear boy ya gotta be in it to win it as the saying goes one last thing please don’t encourage  the giant …………………………………………….just sayn

Just finished a day of flying here in sunny Philippines. Takeyo san one of our Japanese members had a lot of trouble with both his Spitfires and I managed to get most of the carnage. I wish I also had Andrew to sub contract video taking to as you dont see my planes flying. Hopefully a longer day flying this Wednesday.

Some interesting landings there. Some of those planes are fast and look good 👍

i’m gunna give the gentle giant a ticket to  your place HOPPY between both of you there might be a frame or two to view as for Andrew alone  to film for you  One question comes to mind……….how good are you at editing ……………………………just sayn

Kermit

I just use my 6 year old phone camera. Please send me a nice camera as the foreign correspondent salary does not cover the big flash automatic focusing and stabilizing camera that you use. As for editing my $3000 computer is still in Hobart so I edit on a tablet. Here is footage from yesterdays full day flying. Starts with 3 big professional DJI drones. Biggest used for Lidar surveying and medium sized is owned by Lufthansa. They fly it over airliners when on ground to check for cracks in between flights. So my video is informative despite poor frames and editing.

Another nice video, thanks Chris.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.