RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Another fine Monday Fly-In

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

It was yet another almost perfect flying Monday @ the field today, there were 7 pilots & apart from the Sinker, there were no prangs.

Gerald had an elevator servo fail (it’s been playing up intermittently) and this resulted is his Eyas Eagle biting the dust rather hard. Oh well, another spare in a box at home.

Kermit had a few issues (as is often the case) but he is slowly mastering his Wild Wing and managed two perfect passes through the polo posts today. Well done Kermit.

Rian came along to join in the frivolities today and had a couple of his older planes that had not seen airtime in a long while. After a receiver issue was sorted out he got them both airborne & the both flew well.

No doubt Kermit will have another excellent video of all the action from today.

I tried a bit of FPV flying, first with the Wild Wing (not very good) and then with the Prowler which was going great till the battery on the FPV glasses expired.

I forgot to turn it off after flying the wing and then wondered where the flashing battery alarm was coming from- will know next time. Just as well the RTH system worked as expected.

We fitted a camera to Stephen’s Nitro Powered Boomerang (just to see how it recorded) and that is the first video off the rank today.

FPV flight with the Prowler

Around the Field

Li’l Eagle biplane

Wild Wing FPV feed (low res, no sound)

Not too bad Mr Kermit, not too bad at all.

Excellent around the field coverage Kermit. Good to see everyone gets a staring role in your productions 👏

THE SINKER has reminded me  that the commentary you gave and picked up by my camera should have been acknowledged on the video credit Unfortinually as you are not in the commentators union nor accredited by the WOMANS  WEAKLY  you cannot be credited  on this occasion  ……………………………………………….just sayn

Another great video Kermit!

Good use of the soft focus, great commentary by Stephen. (didn’t see his name in the credits?)

But I must admit it did bring a tear to my eye seeing the last flight of my “Esky Eyas”.

But next time when I’m going to crash, could you hand your camera over to Andrew so as I can get a clear view of what happened……………………………………………Just sayn

DEAR MR SINKER  your interrupted flight with the beer cooler  was so out of the ordinary  so unexpected that even if the gentle giant had the camera he also wouldn’t have got the shot. brilliant flyers such as yourself just don’t crash as for credits I just forgot to give credit to the sounds man MR Seaside yep stephen after hours trying to patch video together its easy to forget the most important people that do require recognition for their effort Now to address the usage of my camera  owing to the gentle giants ( ANDREW ) huge fingers he just cant get his paws onto the camera buttons successfully so unfortinually  the big buggar isn’t gettin my camera ….full stop    PS the beer cooler is easy fixed  I have glue if you wanna have a go ………………………………………………………………just sayn

Nice video MR PREDATOR SIR  I refer to around the field  starring ME…. kermit la frog   fantastic video  brilliant even ……………………………..just sayn

Well Mr frog. Wait till I get my mitts on your camera again.

Unaccustomed  as I am to responding on this forum  let me just say to the gentle giant ….an I shall be gentle for I value my body parts  ………………HA ……………………………..just sayn

Well Monsieur Frog,

You will appreciate I am an experienced commentator.

I am an accredited WW commentator and attached is
      my badge which I understand you haven’t seen before.

Appropriate attribution would be appreciated please.

For Mr Gerald and Mr Mike,

The boomerang now has flaperons that now flap.

The answer was to follow the google discovered instructions to a point, but instead of setting channel 1 to 0 for each position it needs to be o%, +50%, +100% and channel 6 has to be 0%, -50%, -100%

It will be interesting to see whether the flaps slow it down much for landings.

That Eyas looks fixable but I guess if you have a house full of spares then fly the spare. I see there is a mini Eyas just been released. Just been thru 3 typhoons and 3 weeks non stop heavy rain here but at last the sun is out again.

Probably could fix the Eyas, but it been glued back together a few times now, looks a bit like Kermit’s planes, more glue than foam.

I did have a brand new one in a box, so just swapped the electronics over and we are good to go.

A glue free repair – just like magic 😁

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.