RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Another Fly-In @ The Field 29-06-20

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Well, the Moose decreed that today was going to be a great day weather wise for flying @ The Field and he was right.

Little to no wind, little cloud cover & full sun most of the day lifted the temperature well above the predicted 14 deg & whilst most started the morning dressed in beanies, coats & jumpers, it was Tee shirt weather by lunchtime.

As said, the weather was great, not so much the planes with quite a few mechanical issues suffered by many of the flyers.

I flew the little Foxbat and with the COG now correct she flies great under half up to full power but below half power she has the glide characteristics of a housebrick which doesnt make for soft landings in the sheep paddock. Needless to say I removed the undercarriage yet again, & it all went downhill from there.

The Gooney Bird managed one successful (although noisy) flight & when I tried again after lunch for an FPV flight the front bearing in the motor let go & the noise grew louder. A hasty landing followed & no damage ensued. Cant say the same for the poor old Bix 2 Sport, bit the dust again & I suspect another failed 9gm servo from the original crash a couple of weeks ago.

Chris & Kermit were trying to fly their respective planes with long streamers attached only to both find they were lacking enough power to overcome the initial drag.

Gerald had problems again with his ZOHD Drift, autopilot doing things it shouldn’t do, then he had issues with his flying wing resulting in a motor coming adrift.

After removal of the streamers, Kermit was flying the Tundra well until his untimely collision with a tree (whilst trying to miss his beloved eagle that always attacks him). Ross & Kermit retrieved to plane with the Magic Pole plane recovery tool but it was now missing a prop, motor cowling & had damaged rear wing & rudder so that was the end of another, assigned to the repair shop.

Moose was going great guns today practising Take Off & Landing with his Tundra, He is definitely getting the hang of it but eventually the landing gear failed yet again so another off to the repair shop.

Ricky tried to launch one of his large gliders only to find it was rather underpowered on this windless day.

As usual, Ricky had other planes in the car so still managed several flights.

I don’t think Stephen had any issues today (the only one) and had many successful flights with his Red Rocket.

After the very eventful morning we broke for a late BBQ lunch, enjoyed by all.  After lunch, those that still could got in a bit more flying before heading home as the great day started to cool.

Around the field today

Gooney Bird Flight 1 (Line of Sight only)

I dont know how you guys can fly FPV with Image stabization turned on. I tried today and was a disaster with the Skipper finding a tree. the image stabization stopped fine control. Thats my excuse anyway. Here is the crash video:

And you can see the stabilizaton also on this Eagles footage. Ive now turned it off and Skipper is repaired.

Was a great day thanks to the Moose.

Top day.Thanks Moose

My take on our day:

iv stuffed 3 videos but will succeed today after sailing  one video of flying stuff the other miss piggys day

What ! sailing stuff, well stuff that we want the pig….

Why are we waiting, why are we waiting …..

Oh dear oh dear oh dear…

well the weather god did his job and looked down upon us

What great lot of videos I really enjoyed Kermits He is getting by the????????

I really enjoyed myself it was a great day.

Thanks to you all for making it so

Cheers Mr Moose

SORRY MISS PIGGY   BUT………  YOU WILL JUMP AGAIN

I’ve fixed the original motor in the Gooney Bird, as suspected the circlip holding the front bearing had dislodged & the bearing came loose in the housing.

This has now been repaired but I’ve opted to replace the original Volantex B4023/Kv850 with a slightly more powerful Volantex B4023/Kv1050.

I’ve opted to keep the original 10 1/4″ x 8 folding prop but I also have a 10″  of the same pitch to try.

Bring on the next flying day!!

HERE WE GO

So pigs can really fly.Well sort of 😂😂

What happened to the dark night time film was I the only one who saw it and now its gone

What a pity I enjoyed looking at a black screen

The Frog has now moved into the big league of Video producers, no more black screens.

No, I saw the black screen too! At least he cleaned the lens this time.

And dear Kermit aka flat battery the second, I liked the music but where has it gone?

Took the lens cap off this time Kermie

Well Froggy, I initially thought well done BUT then freakin music rang in me ears to stuff it all up so I took it all back…had to switch it off and shed a little tear cause you wuz doing so well but then it happened. Sigh! 😎

A Miss Piggy Wiggy Hospital update:

Miss Piggy VLOG No.3

Well it’s great to see miss piggy is back to pigfection at last, you gotta love her resilience:

Looking at the long range forecast suggests that the earliest we will be flying is either Tuesday or Wednesday but both are still a bit far away to guarantee it.  Will check it out early next week.

Sailing on Saturday doesn’t look all that great either with strong westerlies straight down the canal & rain as well.

Yeah tend to agree looking very ordinary for quite a while…

THE FROG HAS MANY TALENTS  ONE IS THE ART OF PERSUASION  MISS PIGGY WILL RETURN TO THE SKY’S AND WILL DO AS SHE’S TOLD  END OF STORY

All my planes have been repaired but I’m going to wait for the Moose to make the call on the weather!

Likewise, all repaired & raring to go.

Another of those superb Moose Days would be great.

OHHHH SO NOW ITS THE FUR COAT WHO MAKES THE CALLS  ONE RIGHT DAY AN SUDDENLY HE’S THE WEATHER MAN HOW THE MIGHTY WILL FALL IF HE MUCKS IT UP  WILL HE SURVIVE A BAD CALL SO MUCH PRESSURE ON THOSE SMALL DROOPY TIRED HOOVES

Have no fear froggy dear BA is here…. Now listen very carefully as I will say this only once… Beginners luck has gone to the Moose’s furry head he will fall as we all have..💣💥🖕

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.