RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Another Monday Flying Day

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

What a great day for flying, for those of us who were allowed to go.

Four pilots in attendance today were, Gadget, Seaside Mitch, Andrew and me.

Near perfect conditions with the sun shining, light westerly and clear blue skies!

Only a short video today as we were all having too much fun flying. (Well, most of us}

Might be a short video but great footage Gerald.

After closer inspection of the Zero, I think I will be able to repair the broken tail so I’ll only need to print replacement wings and nose cone.

Ron, it could have been much worse, 20mm to the right and you would have hit it in the middle of the nose!

Yes, the slow motion is excellent. So, I reckon the prop broke when it hit the ground. Surprisingly, the bottom of the fuselage where the wing connected is not damaged at all so the rubber bands must have done their job.

Here is the video for setting up flaperons and using Global Variables in OpenTX and OpenTX Companion

The author shows how to set it up using Jumper T16, then he goes over how to set it up using the OpenTX Companion software which is the way he recomends.

Well, it looks like a crashingly good time was had by all !!

No, not all, just one!

BANG ON MR PREDATOR SIR  CRASHING GOOD SHOW  THERE WAS A PRANG OF PAIN AS I WATCHED THE DEVIND WIND  GO INTO THE POST IT REALLY BROKE ME UP GOTTA STOP CRACKIN ON  AN GET INTO  BED FOR ANOTHER DAY OF WORK ………………………………………..JUST SAYN

Nice bit of prose there Mr Kermit 🤣🤣🤣

sorry MR GADGET  the sinker made me do it

FORGOT TO SAY TA MR SINKER  NICE VIDEO

It was a sad moment to see the the failed kamikaze attack on the goal post by the pre-production prototype. Maybe the production model will avoid the same fate!🤞

For those of us who were allowed to go.  to whom do you refer  can’t be me I’m workin to pay for a drone  that leaves the predator ohhhhhhh careful unlike stephan who has to get permission  to play  pred is the head of his house and…and he has his missus permission to say so ….so who else is there ………..you mr sinker have made a statement as  to some ones credibility  ie male or mouse  so who do you refer  ………………………………………..just sayn

That took 2 days to get a bite Kermit, you’re getting a bit slow in your old age?……………………………….Just sayn.

Now get back to work and do as your told.

unaccustomed as I am to reply’s on this forum  this one however needs my attention  urgently  one / I am working ie painting at hootersville  so I get up at 6.30 to be there at eight  when I get home i’m knackered  all this effort is to reward the sinker with cash for his drone  no biggy there but what the down side is the dragon has mad cow disease  …nope  rabies…..arh.. nope .. well yea  she has these but the new one covid      so I have to contend with rabies mad cow an covid  when I get home  I have a long stick at the front door to hold her off as I get inside an lock her out  god damn she snarls an kicks  an  words only the devil says well she is his sister after all    So MR Sinker forgive me for not biting  BUT working / fighting   AN surviving life’s traumers  i did miss the comment  …..ps I havent got the bug  BECAUSE only perfect people can resist the dreaded bug …………………………………just sayn

Amazing what a bit of CA, CA kicker and 3D printing can do….

I was able to repair the fuselage and only needed to reprint the wings 🙂

Well done, your printer must have been working hard this week?

Yes Gerald.   A few starts and stops on the inside wing pieces as they kept on lifting at the skinny end.

However, I came up with a working solution.

In original position on the bed, the skinny end is not very close to the heating element and I measured the temp at that point to be 25-30 deg. I think the cooler temp causes that end to lift as the job progresses.

I resized the printing area to 300 x 300, moved the job to the center of the bed and increased the bed temp.  The fibreglass sheet seems to drop the surface temp by about 10 deg.  I also roughed up the area where the skinny end is printed with sandpaper and applied a bit of glue stick.

The print comes out perfect and you almost need a crowbar to lift the skinny end when the job is complete! 🙂

arhhhh well done MR GADGET SIR  The 3d wonder kid   gunna have another go at the posts ?

That’s  2 days an still no bite  , Sinker you’re getting a bit slow in your old  age ……….just sayn

No Mr Kermit. I’m going to plot a GPS exclusion zone around the goal posts!

All painted up and ready to do battle again tomorrow.  Now to charge up some batteries.

I didn’t think that kamikaze planes were meant to come back from a mission and fly again!

Hahaha… Good one 🤣👍

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.