RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Another perfect (but chilly) Thursday Fly Day

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Great turn-up today to what turned out to be another Great Thursday Fly In. Took a little while for the sun to come out & take away the chilly morning but it was worth it as we were treated to an almost cloudless blue sky with the sun blazing.

There were 9 in attendance today, Kermit, Ricky, Gerald, Andrew, Ron, Ryan, Phil, Stephen & Mike and everyone was flying multiple planes so there should be some good footage later today.

At this stage we may get a repeat on Saturday.

I still have the Draco video to do but with 3 cameras it will take a while so I’ll leave that one till tomorrow.

Looks like Bumbebee went full up elevator which makes it almost impossible to recover from the stall spin. Need to put flight controller to manual so you can neutralise control surfaces.

I  went flying last Sunday so just put footage together of that. Included a marriage proposal so watch till the end…

Also here again my hovercraft footqge from yesterday if anyone missed it as i posted it in an old thread yesterday.

Nice videos, thanks Chris.

Yes the BB was full up elevator in the tipstall but it usually recovers itself without any issues, I was using a different (heavier) flight battery & I think it was too far forward.

If it happens again I’ll take your advice & kill the FC as the very first option.

FORGIVE ME over seas reporter CHRIS for I have just been viewing the flying video  That lot sure need a lot of help  IN FLYING AY   Top Gun Flight School is available for foreign students via  the internet  ask them to apply for a course  the help they need is in straight flying one fella couldn’t even fly the thing level   he either has Parkinson’s disease or servo problems  the other one must have had the hick ups up an down up an down then it was spinning that I assume was when he sneezed   these fellas desperately need TGFS help  we also help in servo repair  that plane that was just holding position …classic servo lock up   Please pass on this information to the poor fellas  trying to fly  were all brothers in the sky     ………………………………………just sayn

Good fliers there Chris

Hi Ricky

Yep the standard of flying is high here. They seem to focus on 3D and pattern flying. The big guy flying the red yellow and blue monoplane is ex F16 and F15 pilot. He is a big guy and struggled to fit into F16 or F15 dual seat versions but liked the F15 single seat versions. Now he is chief instructor teaching Filipinos how to fly military predator style drones. Must be a world class rc pilot. I cant even imagine how to fly like he does but he said he used to do a lot of rc simulator time but hasnt touched a simulator for over a year.

Yet another fine video from Toad Hall Productions, definitely captured the essence of the day.

Easy to see why your Bix 3 fell out of the sky Kermit. With no wind and very little forward speed deploying the flaps was like throwing out an anchor. Cant do things like that with no wind to keep you aloft, virtually the same problem I had with the BumbleBee.

We all seem to do a better job, especially with landing when its a windy day.

What an epic video Kermit, I don’t know how you found the time to crash your plane, taking all that video……………………………..Just sayn

ITS ALL ABOUT HAVN FUN    epic yep a lot of film to sort through for the best shots but you fellas deserve a clean video to enjoy so if i can produce such a thing  great ……..its a frog thing …………………………just sayn

yep it was only when i looked at the video an heard the voice  half flaps did it click  arrrrr it was worth the fun

Video 1 from the 3 cameras onboard Draco.

I’m trying it in 4K although only the side window camera is actually 4K (RunCam2 4K)

If it turns out OK I have one more to go.

The NBN people have been doing some work on the network around here and as a result 4K upload times have improved greatly.

Looked good in 4k Mike, all we need now is for the frog to step up to 4k as well.

NBN has been doing some upgrades here as well, but it’s still slow.

Great video, you are becoming quite a Director! The cruel slowmos are a bit hard on old flyers 😢

Well young fella I wanted to talk about brownie points during the BBQ but MRS BEV had only given you a few hours you play so I missed out on that talk  as for slowmo  as ANDREW made a donation to save the green tree frog in return for not showing his way out crash /spin etc all you have to do is the same  an pooof no more crashes from MRS BEVS BOY easy as that ……………………………………….just sayn

fantastic  what great shots  from draco musta taken yonks to cut  but what a result   I can’t decide which position I like best   its just like the real thing……  brilliant                                     just sayn

here’s the thing with HD I used MPG4  24 bits 1920×1080 30fts   ideal for uploading to   streaming  websites  such as UTUBE  and vimeo people in the know said that was poor quality so  I went to MPG/H   21 bits  1920×1080  29fts  recommend for better play back on digital television  and computer   I NOW use the MPG/H so ifin your not pulling my leg MR sinker sir  do I go back to MPG4  I personally  like  mpg/h  but what do i know  ……yep buggar all ……………………………………just sayn                         PS      I use coral video studio

Well that reply was meant for Le Frog. Mike’s video is great too – may the competition continue 👏

Last video from me (finally)

Draco Flight 2 (2 onboard cameras only)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.