RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Another Thursday Fly In

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Perfect weather predicted for today’s flying, 27 degrees & calm dry conditions.

Well, so they said. It was certainly very still & warm when we arrived with no discernible wind and that lasted till around 11:45. Temp only got to a pleasant 23 degrees and just before midday the skies got very dark & the wind and rain rolled in. Luckily we could see it coming & had time enough the have our BBQ lunch & pack up the planes etc before it got too bad.

All in all a pretty good day with no prangs for once. Apart from being a bit noisy, Kermit’s Bix 3 flew well today after a rebuild from last week and actually went home in one piece for a change.

I test flew my rebuilt Hyperbipe and apart from some wing flex it flew flawlessly, in fact with a slightly smaller prop than original (now 8×6 rather than 9×5) I think it flies batter than it ever did, especially in 3D mode. Just need to add some additional CF reinforcing for the wings & reinstate all the paintwork & she will be better than new.

We had 6 pilots today, Gerald, Andrew, Stephen, Ron, Kermit & Mike and about 20 different planes between us & almost all got airborne at least once today.

Yes Gerald, a couple of close shaves there today. I think the Frog needs “Collision Avoidance” fitted when he goes SkyDiving.

I think that the Mini 3 Pro collision avoidance is what saved me.

OOOOOH  I JUST VIEWED the sinkers vid    oOOOOh      I didn’t notice any of that  SORRY MR SINKER SIR

That’s OK cobber mate pal. I could see you were deep in concentration trying to get little Kermit to jump to his death.

P.S. I have just sharpened the bows on “Sinker Two” ready for Saturday.

OH JOY

Nice videos. I just got back from a weeks tough sail in 25kt plus winds Subic – Puerto Galera – Subic. No videos and my phone mic is salty so calls muted and puffed my tablet battery (tablet used for navigation, anchor alarms etc)  so harsh trip on electronics from salt spray.

Just wondering hoppy ol mate  why didn’t ya just put your finger on the USB port and regenerate the battery  through your radioactive body or has your body reverted back to  human ……………….just say’n

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.