RC AIRCRAFT BUILDS Electric Powered Cardboard Spitfire

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

The good thing about bad weather on the weekend is you get time learn and practice doing a bit of airbrushing.

Check out the progress of the cardboard spitfire.  I didn’t realise how hard it is to paint cardboard. I think now I should have sealed the cardboard before attempting this but all part of the journey 🙂

Hi Ron looking great

I usually give every thing 2 coats of cabots clear polyurethane sanding in between coats

You could still use that idea as it would seal the  green as well as the cardboard

When finished give 2 light coats of poly and you should have a nice paint job

When you are getting close to finishing a project along comes the smarties with all the solutions

That looks pretty good even so.

Time to build some more.

Looking good Ron, it will appear to be perfect in the air.

Thanks everyone for the comments.  Good point Predator, I can’t wait to fly it again to see what it looks like in the air 🙂

That is a great solution regarding the clear polyurethane Moose.

I also noticed that the blue over green changed colour and I was wondering how to get around that?

Maybe a layer of white and then the blue?

I sort of cheated with the circles and used a template.  I didn’t think my hand would be steady or accurate enought to paint a circle.  The blue and red colour was vibrant on the white template.

I sort of wish I had done art in school now 🙁

You will usually find colours are much more vibrant over a light coloured primer, either white or light grey usually work best.

Polyurethane over the cardboard first should seal it OK, also a thin coat of bondcrete works well (and is far cheaper) to seal cardboard, timber, foam etc.

Any body a  (SHOE) rubber thong  I need to make a  bow bumper for my yacht …TA

I have one here that I used a bit of for the bumper on the Ragazza during the IOM conversion.

From memory the pair of thongs (flip-flop type) cost a whole $2.00 at Big W so it’s probably cheaper to buy a pair than drive out here to pick it up.

THANKS PRED I’m in no rush  painting keel and rudder flat black at the moment

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.