RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Cold, cold mid week fly in

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Unfortunately today was a cold cold day for flying with the thermometer not making it past 9 degrees, and it was lower than that for most of the day.

None the less we had a good turn up with 8 pilots all taking to the air today & some maiden’s to boot.

Unfortunately silly me forgot the camera so we will have to rely on Kermit for the video coverage this week.

Kermit got to maiden his little Fox glider (after correctly securing the motor from last week) and after a small amount of radio tuning it flew well, He also got up some airtime with his Razor but not the SkyTrainer as it needs its luggage secured.

I got to maiden the recently completed build of my Wild Wing and apart from needing a new set of motor bearings she flew very well.

Ron maidened the rebuilt 3D printed Hurricane, it flew OK but still needs some work according to Ron. Also flew his 3D printed Zero and his FPV wing which was launched from his upgraded launcher.

Whilst not technically maiden flights, Scott flew his SlowPoke and a small Aero glider, both of which had copious layers of dust from being stored for way too long since the last flights.

Stephen maidened his very large Nitro powered Boomerang and it flew very well also. He also had a couple of flights with the much smaller Sport 40.

Gerald didn’t get to fly his AR Pro wing today but he did assure us that he has sorted out the programming issues & that it will fly fine next time, today he settled on flying his ESky Eyas.

Phil, as usual had many uneventful flights with his “Freedom”.

Once again Kermit did the honours with the BBQ lunch the warmth of which was appreciated by all.

I did manage a small amount of onboard video from the Sonic 64 but that was about it for me video wise but I did fly all the Wings I had with me today.

Good coverage of the chilly morning Mike.

Here are some excerpts of my hat cam footage and bit from onboard the C1 Chaser wing…

Wild Wing Launch:

C1 Chaser Bungy Ramp Launch:

Foamboard Spitfire:

Tracking Stephen’s ICE Boomerang as it lands:

Yet another fine video from the Toad Hall Productions team (of one).

Not bad Kermit, but after adjusting your camera settings, I was expecting it in 4k …………………………….Just sayn.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.