RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 DF95 Racing @ Puddleduck

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Puddleduck –  DF95s 17.5.22

Only seven keen hardy souls braved Puddleduck today in what can only be described as a typical late autumn’s day, with mostly cold NW winds 0-12 knts swirling around.

Our trusty DF95 coordinator Shorty, was unavailable today due to feeling unwell after a recent trip to the big island, see you back soon John.

Sheep (#55) had a day to forget but still managed to finish half the races. He struck problems with the rigging after an earlier encounter in R4 with Jammy’s boat that saw both boats literally tied together with Jammy’s wind indicator. Both boats had to be rescued and brought to shore to be untangled.

Dave Poon (#81) is showing good improvement on his RC sailing skills and was competitive on several legs in today’s races.

Both Geoff Matthews (#79) and John Murrell (#168) battled out hard today for 4th and 5th positions respectively with only 2 points separating them both.  John did fall victim of the fountain today in R8 and luckily did manage to free himself to save the embarrassment of the rescue boat being deployed.

Bodge (#66) and Phil T (#261) finished on equal 16 points but Bodge took the 2nd place honours on count back … sorry Phil 😊. Phil did require the rescue boat today to free himself from buoy 2 and should be noted he possibly could have placed much higher up the leader board had he not missed at least 4 buoy roundings …. I think I overheard someone say a trip to Specsavers is on the cards 😊

For the record Phil, I too (#66) missed the Buoy 4 on two separate occasions ….

Today’s winner on 13 points was Jammy Jones who ended up with two 1st places, four 2nd places, and one 3rd place, well deserved Jammy.

Ian H

Hi Bodge, you certainly provided a good overview of the entire event, interesting  to read.

Col may be out of a job!!!!

Yes good write up Bodge. The position is yours!

Good sailing too.

Onya Bodge. North West Coast a little windy for the 95’s – 25/35knts.

Nice work Bodge! Congratulations. 👏🏻

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.