RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 DF95 racing @ Puddleduck Vineyard 6th Sept 2022

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Another lovely day at the vineyard with about 5 knots of Northerly at the start of the day. While the wind did die quite a bit throughout the morning we were still able to get through seven races.

Our Gadget man Ron Cullen presented us with a new start box today. This one has a feature that automatically kills the recording after the last boat has started. This is very valuable when we sail without a race officer as having to manually switch off the recording is quite a distraction for the person who has to do it. Thanks for your work on this Ron.

Phil Turnbull was quick out of the blocks with a win in the first race but then succumbed to winch failure in the second putting him out of racing for the rest of the morning. Phil stayed for the morning taking on recording and starting duties for us, – thanks Phil.

There is no doubting that Dave Poon’s efforts are making him more competitive. Dave had a nice 4th place in his race tally today.

Dave Woolley, Phil Watkins and Don McLeod had a three way tie on points for places 5 – 7 today with Don getting the nod by virtue of a run-away win in race 6 when he finished a couple of legs ahead of the rest of us.

Good to have Col back to 95’s after a couple of Tuesday’s off, and a nice win in race 2 today.

Ron Cullen took out third place overall today with four podium finishes in his tally. I am not sure if it is just that highly reflective paint job but his boat does seem to have some real boat-speed. Ron will be having a few weeks away visiting family in Bundaburg. Happy travels to you Ron!

Lisa took out second place today with her usual consistent performance.

And I managed to win today with that happy mix of good boat-speed and an ounce of ‘duck-luck’.

I am fairly sure that the nomad’s Bodge and Jammy are both on their way home and will be rejoining the fleet soon. I am thinking that they will be keen to make up for racing that they have missed out on.

Shorty

You are not wrong Shorty, have missed the sailing. Will be on Tassy soil this coming Monday and back home in the afternoon. Will see you at the next meeting, cheers Jammy

Hey Shorty, yep back home at the very end of Sept and certainly keen for a sail, currently sitting on the banks of the Murray River in SA, oh yeah and it’s a pleasant 21 deg 😂. Great sailing today Shorty, 3 x 1sts, and 4 x 2nds

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.