RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 DF95 Summer Series 2022 (Day 1)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Report & Scores supplied by John (Shorty) Short.

It was a cool and cloudy day today for the first race in our Puddleduck DF95 Summer Series. Just 7 skippers took to the water, which was a little disappointing in view of the great prize (new set of sails) on offer for the series. The wind was from the North East and gusting from 0 – 8 knots providing tricky conditions.

To attempt to make things a little more equitable for all we decided to give each skipper a starting handicap for the first race, rather than in our previous system of starting all skippers on scratch. The results below do not show this working as well as we had hoped with the back marker skippers again taking the honours. This could be due partly because the conditions were difficult which always favours the best skippers.

One positive feature of the results was that all skippers did win a race – and with 7 skippers and only 9 races that is quite unusual. I don’t think that I have ever seen it happen before.

Congratulations to Jammy who again showed that carrying a handicap in not a barrier that stops him winning. Second and third positions were filled by Trouty and myself.

Even if you did not make the starting line today make sure that you race next fortnight. The series allows for one discard over the 5 fortnights.

Cheers

Shorty

DF95 Summer Series Handicap Update

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.