RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Puddleduck Sailing @ Puddleduck 2022 DF95’s @ Puddleduck Vineyard 2022

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Nine skippers fronted for today’s sailing at Puddleduck today. Although the forecast wind did not arrive there was always enough to have some good races and the North-Westerly direction lent itself to some good windward legs.

Only seven races were held today which meant that there was just one discard rather than the usual two.

It is usually close racing at Puddleduck and today was not an exception. The tally table shows that the first four boats were separated by only two points.

It was great to see John Murrell back today after month’s holiday in Bicheno. I was suspecting that John might have been practising a bit on the quiet as he was hard to beat today. John took out third place today with results including three 3rd’s, a 2nd and a win. The break has done you no harm at all John!

Jammy and I tied for first and second place overall today with me stealing the honours on count-back by virtue of more 2nd places.

Unfortunately ‘The Admiral’ Col couldn’t make it today as he was still confined by Covid. We hope that you feeling better and are pretty much over this now Col. We look forward to seeing you at our next race meeting.

Colin’s absence does make us aware that we are all vulnerable to Covid and we should ensure that we are practising good covid hygiene (hand sterilisation, social distancing , etc.) If you are feeling unwell it is best to stay at home (yes – miss sailing)! until you are quite sure that you have not caught the virus.

Shorty

Glad the Duck was kind to the skippers today. Congratulations to the winners and to all who come out to share the fun.
      Yes, its true I’ve been laid up with Covid and forced to miss my sailing, but tomorrow thankfully will be my last day in self isolation. Covid sucks.

See you soon

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.