RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Field fly with added seaplane 17th October 2020

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Was a nice morning with no wind till the light rain came after noon. The TL200o was really nice with floats, much better than expected. Here is the keychain cam onboard.

And I flew my Drifter for the first time with a Li-Ion pack which gave me a 22 minute flight and could have gone longer. Here is edited down footage:

Also I FPV maidened my Zohd Drift but by this time the rain had started. Its a Hawkeye Split 4k camera and seems nice and I had it on 2.7k/60FPS for this flight. For some reason the flight controller stayed on stabilsie the whole time hence the jerky flight. Maybe can reduce the gain?

It was a shame that the earlier than expected rains cut short our flying day today but none the less I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

The Hobby King TL2000 certainly did fly nice off the water with its supplied floats fitted. It handled the takeoffs & landings like a STOL Bush Plane.

Looking great Hoppy just sent this off to my NZ Bro…. Was also very wet at Par Avion today all inside footage was ok but airside stuff not all that great so going back next week to do the airside stuff that I missed today…

Something about a float plane.Looks great Chris

I found the video of the guy in N Z who put floats on his Esky and he shows the setup too.

GOD DAMN THAT VIDEO WAS A PAIN TO WATCH AND LISTEN TO   (NEW ZEALAND )

Because of the lack of music?  Must be a kiwis trait.

NOPE  POOR VIDEO  TO LONG YACKIN   AN WALFLIN ON

Well done everyone and I think Kermit needs special mention for making a three point landing of his Tundra that was out of control 550 meters away with the plane undamaged!

THE VIDEO COMMITTE  HAS ARRIVED AT ITS DECISION  ……………………………DRIFTER /HOPPY  HAS THE GONG

YEAAAAAA  WHEN YA GOOD   YA GOOD BUT IM PERFECT THANKS TO TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL

I put in the mini mobius cam and further back per Mike suggestion. Ready for FPV seaplaning tomorrow. 

Hopefully it will work ok, at least the waterproofing will be better with the front canopy on & the rear one removable.

I NOW HAVE A FLOAT PLANE  SHOW AN TELL TOMORROW

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.