RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Final Fly-In for 2023

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Well then New Years Eve is upon us already & the next time we fly it will be 2024.

It was a fine day at the Field again today for the 4 pilots that were available & keen to fly.

Andrew flew a recently acquired 3 metre glider and managed a few thermal lifts it the morning, unfortunately I didn’t fly my Blanik glider till after lunch & by then the sea breeze had come in & blown all the thermals away. He also flew his Cessna but not sure what else.

I did some more testing with the ZOHD Kopilot in my WildWing and it does appear to be faulty, I’ll swap it out with a Matek F411-WTE before we fly again.

Also got some mileage on the AR Wing & the Li’l Eagle Biplane during the day. Both went well & without incident.

Kermit spent a lot of time on his camera (as he does) but did manage to fly both the Bix 3 & the Freedom in between.

Stephen was trying out a new larger prop on his gas powered Boomerang & seemed suitably impressed. Certainly seems to have more torque than before & handles vertical flight with ease.

Vertical with ease

Dead Stick Landing

Even though attendance was down today, Kermit still managed to provide his customary BBQ and Stephen supplied some of his wife Bev’s home made chutney to go on the snags. You couldn’t ask for more.

A couple of my videos from today

Sorry I didn’t make it today, but here is a video taken from my normally quite home last week.

Another fine production Mr Kermit, and in 4K no less. A bit of extra effort to finish off the year on a high eh?

Hat Cam wasn’t too bad either but could have benefited with a bit more editing, once the plane gets away a bit it virtually disappears.

arhh the sinker arises …with a video no less  an a good one at that  But still No reasons as to why me gave his best mates the finger on the last fly day  …Could the rumors  be true ?………Narh yep  I haven’t seen the hat cam on the big screen as yet but I thank the mighty predators advice an will have a butchers…gander…peek ..an will adopt  the advice ta cobber  after all that’s how you improve emmmmm ANDY ……………still time for him…………………………………………………………………just sayn

END OF 23 AY   ONE question  where was our three favorites  one  up an cum’in possible top gun an the other a true TOP GUN  Graduate from the top gun flight school with outstanding credentials i refer to UNCLE G or his other title the SINKER   gadget posted that his better half said NO your not going    not until the lawns cut the beds are made the washing up is done also the clothes  need washing an hung out  oh an wash the cars ……so we knew where he was n as far as FAB he is still in the apprentice stage  an sailing is still of some importance’s to him  BUT the sinker  No Note nothing on the web site  speculation is that he’s got a new house cleaner  an she’s said NO you gotta clean the house cut the grass wash the cars do the laundry   clean the windows    …..but thats speculation ….  there could be no other reason for our favorite ACE not to be with his brothers on this last fly for the year ay …whilst I’m writing this my thoughts go to that fabulous day  an the New Camera man on the field  MR GENTLE  GIANT  He did an outstanding bit of videoing with my borrowed camera  not much editing from his effort  the boy has improved OUT OF SIGHT  …which is where we prefer to see him…  NARH ..yea ..  We finished off the day with a jig from sea side mitch  the ol crooner himself    an with that  welcome to 24………………………………………………………………………………………….just sayn

Kermit if you looked at the calendar, I said I was going sailing!

And I agree with you about your relief cameraman, you could clearly see the much better quality when he was on camera compared to yours!………………….Just sayn

No need to suck up to Andy  MR Sinker he was the one who said you had a Indonesian cleaning lady  ….OPPS SHOULDNA SAID THAT……………………………………………………………………………………………….just sayn

Good videos and pictures all round.

Nah that wasn’t me about the house keeper. Sinker does what sinker does.

Well everyone iv spokening to says  yep Andrew said that …….just stand up an say yep your right I did say that  sinker won’t hang ya?……………………………..just say

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.