RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 First Mini Fly-In after easing of Quarantine restrictions.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Well, you couldn’t have asked for a better day to get back into flying after many weeks of Covid-19 Lock-down, It was a balmy 16deg & sunny with barely a hint of breeze.

Not only was it our first Fly-In for just over two months, it was also our first time @ our relocated field (needed to relocate due to crop changes in our regular field).

Even though there was barely two hours notification to fly we had a great turn-up with 6 flyers (all maintaining the appropriate Social Distancing) & a couple of guests, Gerald, Kermit, Mike, Ian, Ricky & Chris, all flying planes and/or quads and a couple of the local constabulary just checking out what we were up to.

Ian had several uneventful flights with his Bix 3 & Phantom quad but didn’t have much luck with his C17, it just didn’t want to play ball today. Likewise Kermit had multiple flights (totally unaided) with his Sky Surfer today along with a couple with the Le Frog and his Phantom quad.

Chris gave his Mini Mavic a workout so probably we will get some footage from that later. Gerald had the Bix 3 airborne several times & also a new racing quad on its maiden flight, not sure if it had a camera on board or not.

Ricky also had a racing quad as well as the infamous Limbo Dancer, seen on numerous videos doing its thing.

I had the ever present Bix 2 Sport doing a bit of aerobatic work (testing out my skills practised on the simulator during the past 8 or 9 weeks of lock-down) and miraculously its still in one piece. Also had several nice long flights with the Fox glider and finally got to test out the precision variometer that had been recently installed.

Bix 2 Sport and a bit of rough & ready aerobatics

Around the Field

MDM-1 Fox glider

This is the full unedited 24 minute flight with less than 6 minutes of motor power used.

Great write-up Mike.  I can’t wait for the videos.

Cheers,

Ron.

Now that was worth waiting for I loved the colour change in the paddocks  reminds  of Mr mooose’s toe’s  how they change from white to grey then green  then black  VERRRRY interesting ..  very nice ….not mooose’s toes….  the video

Yes, Mike did have the camera on board?

Gee, a flyaway. I thought they were a thing of the distant past. Apparently not!!

Could have something to do with me, didn’t calibrate the compass?

THANK YOU PREDATOR  for the organizing of our first fly in  as your PRESIDENT  I possibly may return the mantle of power back to whats his name  in the distant future   I guess maybe until then may I say what an outstanding days flying was performed to day by so few for so many  ( Winston Churchill )  truly magnificent aero display by our own widdle WICKY   UNCLE G was again superb   in his flying displays during the day with multi types of putt putts as did  the x leader of the flight line gang with some stimulating aerial DISTANCE  flying  HOPPY arrived some time after us but still made up for it with aw buggar I forgot what he flew but I bet it was brilliant as this is the only way he fly’s   PREDATOR  today was the man of the day with skills learnt from an arcade game when he was a nipper flew his glider through imaginary box’s in the sky some times inverted  an to finish the display flew under the power lines on the paddock  blind folded unbelievable if you weren’t there to see it you would say impossible  but I swear its true an you know I don’t tell fibs  So there you have it…..time can not  dull our skills for once you pass through the TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL  you are indeed the best of the best  GREAT DAY…….   PRESIDENT FLIGHT LINE GANG  KERMIT LA FROG

well done guys looks like a great day was had by all

sorry I  missed it but the Moose will make it in the near future

Now for the frog

Following your unjustified comments about my foot

Beware for when I return I will have no foot problems so be very much aware You may wear the imprint on your slimy backside

Lots of Love Mr Moose

Today’s videos are now posted.

Nice stuff gang new area looks nice but did I see a powerline, mmmmmmm

Yes, plenty of room out there. Chris had an idea about the power lines, park under them as no one flies close to the cars!!.

The line was fairly close to where we were flying from today so its easy to see, probably easier than the ones running along RRRoad & no one (well perhaps Ian) has hit them .

My thought as well when I spotted them sensible to do that.

ORRRR     WE COULD WAIT AN LET OUR X LEADER CUT THEM DOWN

This is the last of the videos from our Mini Fly-In on Monday

This time its bits & pieces from my GoPro 3 “HatCam”

I LIKED THIS ONE   INTERESTING …… HAT CAM AY ….. I MIGHT GET ME A KERMIT CAM

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.