RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Fly-In @ “The Field” 4th June 2020

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

It was an interesting day today Flying @ The Field. Even though there was full sunshine it was a rather chilly day with light to moderate winds.

Today was one of those days with quite a few mishaps of one sort or another. Ross planted his U .5 in a tree but luckily only did minor damage, I planted the Bix Sport II in the ground and snapped the nose off but nothing that can’t be repaired. Kermit damaged the roller switch in his Orange X radio & couldn’t fly & Ian had all sorts of problems trying to program the new DX6 to suit his Mini Convergence VTOL plane. I spent a fair bit of the day trying to sort out the programming & we even tried it on Ricky’s DX18 with slightly more success but still not enough to fly.

I believe there were a couple of other mishaps but I was otherwise engaged.

At least the BBQ lunch went well & I did get to try the new Little Pilot VR goggles on the Bix Sport II BEFORE I pranged it. Sun was an issue for a lot of pilots today & as we have now tried out several different spots around the ground it was almost unanimously decided to relocate to the bottom end of the paddock where at least for the most part the winter sun will be behind you. At least it should make it better for FPV with the new open frame goggles.

No around the field video from me today but I saw the Bad Angel with his camera busy a lot of the day so no doubt there will be some later.

OUR President WAS IN ATTENDANCE TODAY  but not much came from his lips it seems that the bad angel has our leader in a verbal lock down  how that has happened I know not   I’m sure many will be asking just who is running the flight line  gang  perhaps a word from our leader may put the pretender back in the sheep paddock  and a second in command  2ic will be officially appointed  maybe someone with leadership qualities  an with a shade of green  now who could that be  we wait our leaders reply with baited breath   The pretender  had an outstanding day  with several prangs  an the FIRST to anoint a tree on the new field with a beautiful landing smack bang into the branches  classy stuff  Predator also dinged a putt putt snapping its face off  but easy fixed  I tried out my kermit hat cam unfortunately the angle wasn’t quite right but next time ………   overall the day wasn’t a total flip flop we did get a giggle at BA’s effort to find a birds nest  widdle wicky played superbly with his thing but most of us were to occupied to notice UNCLE G was up an around Hoppy also with a flamin super fast jet an a hover flying putt putt our own Seaside Mitch had a bit of a day a tad to windy for the new untested red yellow monster But  the day was BAs only because his aircraft is now painted all black  an we could see it in the tree better …..   long live our beautiful president  xxxxxxxx

BY THE LIVIN POWERS PRED that donk needs oil those pistons were really crankin  other than nice screen no thingies all over the place  cool     ta

Well said King Kermit… but geez I got a rubbishing but deserved I must say… Anyway I’m gonna run for the vacant entertainments officers position seeing I ding the U.05 more than anyone else… News flash… The U.05  is sorta repaired with duct tape also now sprayed black ✈🛩🛫🛬🚀✈🚁🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸  knee deep

My take on the day and yes sh#t does happen:

Bad day all round as far as the poor planes went, but still another fun day was had by all!!.

that was well done good video  thanks bad angel

I’m buggered if I know how I missed those freaking power lines they got awfully close several times, maybe my next trick

Best landing of the day by our Pres right at the end of BAs video showing us all how to do it right.

I agree hoppy  nicely done by the holy one

President Dear Leader fancy socks Ian puts us all to shame and stop ya crawling Kermit that’s my job 👹

I’m sorry bad angel but our dearly beloved most holy sacrate president  is for all flight members to glorify  “a god amongst humans ”  A PILOT OF OUTSTANDING ABILITIES  as shown Thursday  as running for entertainment  officer I would endorse that as you have shown outstanding ability to do anything to get a job on the flight line gang going so far as to put your aircraft into a tree ( have you no shame  )  but as or the 2IC job  ha ha ha  to quote an australian movies  ” tell him… he’s DREAMING

OMG what can I say well nuttin…

SO ENDS ONES DREAMS

Well this is how it looked after a nose plant (probably caused by a failed servo gear)

After a bit of work, some glue, tape & paint she is all ready to fly again.

I even managed to find an old clear canopy for it so at least “Predator” is back in the Pilot’s seat.

Now bring on the good weather !!

PRED  OL SON What you need in the newbe is a true pilot  I have several frog pilots you could use

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.