RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2019 Fly-In @ The Field 8th December 2019

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Finally got a day with no (well less than lately) wind, no rain & sun to boot.

There were only 4 flyers today, Gerald, Ross Kermit (no planes, just his quad) & yours truly but as usual we had a ball.

At the start of flying the winds were virtually non existent and ideal for Gerald & myself to try out the VTOL aircraft, whilst these will fly in light to moderate winds they are very lightweight & best suited to windless conditions.

Wasn’t long before the Bad Angel had his Bix 3 airborne, but as conditions were so smooth he decided to land & go back up with FPV

but even with light winds things don’t always go to plan

Leave it to Uncle G to show how it should be done

Ross got in some FPV time, the first for ages so his video from today should be interesting.

Kermit had his DJI Phantom back to optimal performance so naturally there had to be a parachute jump or two.

The Bix 2 Predator Sport never got a flight today, I was too busy playing around with the COG of Ian’s old Raptor. The poor old girl has more patches than a patchwork quilt but she still flies and with a bit less nose counterweight & half flaps for take off she flew very well. Still a bit of a handful with the stabiliser disabled but I’m slowly getting used to it. It’s about time I learned to fly without relying on the Auto Pilot/stabiliser that’s fitted to most of our planes.

Here is some video from the old “SteamPunk Flyer”, ex Ian’s Raptor.

The view from my Trainstar

Hi Men

looks like a great day was had by all

You have no idea how sh…. I am that I can’t be there when the weather is great

I may come next time to annoy you all I may be able to put the Tundra in the sky with a bit of luck

Great pics and videos I look forward to looking at  them

Cheers for now

The Gentle man Moose

Nice smooth bit of video there Gerald, I think I will have to pick up my game somewhat.

Yes Moose you missed a great day but I’m sure there will be plenty more.

Here’s my take on the day as well…

Good one Uncle G

WELL THREE TOP VIDEOS TO  PICK APART  BUT BECAUSE WERE IN THE FESTIVE SEASON  I WILL RESTRAIN MY SELF  AND  GIVE YOU ALL A PROBATIONAL FOUR AND A HALF STARS  WELL DONE MOVIE MAKERS

Geez la green thingy that’s very generous of you why the sudden about turn ?😀😋🤗😐🙄

ITS A MOOSE’Y THING  JUST GO WITH IT    IT WILL SOON GO BACK TO NORMAL

Oh really, and here was I thinking that this may be your new year resolution to be a good froggy thingy, oh well sh#t happens just hope our dear leader returns very soon to push you back into your pond.. nee deep🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.