RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ The Field 2021 Flying after a weeks break

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

It’s been shearing time down on the farm & that along with the less than ideal weather has stopped us from flying for a week or two.

Anyway it was back into it today with five hardy pilots fronting on a rather windy (and at times chilly) day for some flying fun & frivolity.

Poor old Dave rushed out for a fly (when a previous appt was cancelled) only to leave his field box sitting on his workbench so upon arrival he realised there was no flight batteries & no wing spar for his Razor. Dave was offered several other planes to fly but he decided to be official observer today and not fly.

Stephen arrived a little late and also without a plane to fly.  At least they both got to enjoy the scintillating company & lunchtime BBQ.

I used all my flight batteries up belting the old Bix 2 around the ground as it was way too windy to attempt auto tuning the iNav system in the Raptor.

Moose had several completely uneventful flights with his Razor & the Ranger 1600 while Kermit after flying, pranging & repairing his Bix 3 went of for several more Bix 3 flights & a few with his SkySurfer.

All in all a pretty uneventful day.

Looks like I made the right choice,  it was perfect day for sailing down at Forcett Lakes, nice steady breeze blowing all day.

And don’t forget to tell about the sunshine Uncle G

Oops sorry, beautiful sunshine and a warm breeze blowing across the Lake all morning.

Yes, well actually I told a little fib so those that missed out on flying today wouldn’t feel so bad.

As you will see in the videos, brilliant warm sunshine most of the morning & down to Tee shirts, shorts & thongs for the BBQ.

Yes Stop telling fibs Mike

I got a bit of sunburn

How do Moose’s get sunburn with a fur coat?

geeze UNCLE G don’t you know anything he had his summer fur on even the sheep were shorn  (woolless )

WOODLESS?

I dunnow  Mr moose ….. money talks

Nope wool less…… no d

Laying back in my chair under belly exposed there is no fur on the Moose underbelly

I thought you would have known that Uncle G

Don’t let me down again could effect our friendship isn’t that right Kermit

Nice sailing breeze today so 5 of us had a social sail and practice races at the Canal Jetty.  Hopefully BA will provide the video entertainment later. Nb the ducks won all the races.

I got 2 issues.

1. I’m after 2 identical small servos about 4.5grams or 5 grams. I e got some coming in from china but could be a month or more. It’s for a small ducted fan jet I’m building as got the frame from Kermit.

2. I dropped my Jumper T Lite Transmitter and broke 3 of the 4 three way switches on top. Any idea of replacements? Also I broke the battery compartment hatch if anyone can print a replacement? I should have fixed on the neck strap properly!

see what ya get when you miss a fly day

Are these servos any good for you Hoppy?

Chris, you should be able to get replacement 3 pos’n switches from Jaycar or Active Electronics.

About the only local shops to stock servos are McCann’s Model World or Nick’s Hobby Shop but they may only have the 9gm servos & not the 5gm ones.

WELL  TOP VID THERE MR PREDATOR SIR,  I doubt if it will get far in the awards section though…………   unless you have some coin s in ya pocket………….just say’n

Well seeing I can’t fly I went sailing…..yes they returned…do you believe:

Ok so the acting was so so bad shortened it…. That is all:

Funniest sailing video. Bundy always makes sailing fun. Look forward to more videos like this.

Great video 😂

It was a fun video  but according to the film critic and judge there will be to much water in it ………………………………………just say’n

YES I BELIEVE   BA    because its on the video  if its not on video it didn’t happen    right

Hoppy……….I have some small servos too if you need them still……I’ll bring them next flyday.

Ian thanks but I just popped round to Ron’s and got 2.

SOOOOOO………. ALL THE VIDEOS ARE IN FROM OUR PLAY TIME  MR MOOSE ………..WHO HAS WON

SO YOU HAVE HAD A WORD TO THE MR MOOSE  AY               what’s wrong the purse empty ?

Top Gun flight School Policy

Due to the fact that there was more than one person involved in the making of this substandard video I am reluctant to Present an award this week.

If uncle G had not left his camera in the car the result may have been different

OHHHHH   PREDATOR ISNT GOING TO LIKE his videos called  SUBstandard video   I PERSONALLY THOUGHT ALL HIS VIDEOS WERE FANTASTIC   BUT YOU CALLED THEM  substandard  oh my gosh  how much is UNCLE G paying you for the title   MY  effort in PREDATORS  video was minimal  the bulk of work was all his   ” SUBSTANDARD   ”   EFFORT   BUT WHAT HECK ay .     Unadulterated crap  is no way to express your opinion on someone’s  ( predators ) effort     YOU MAY BE FLYING IN A PADDOCK far far away  on your own after this insult as the majority will be most up set on your opinion of his brilliant work    shame  shame

TRUE  MR MOOSE       WE AT   (TGFS )  ….. CATER FOR ALL  WHO WISH TO BUILD FLY CRASH  REBUILD ”  BECAUSE WE CARE “

My servos arrived already from China in less than 2 weeks. I just looked at the forecast and monday looks like the least worst day for a week so put in calendar but you need to look at august.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.