RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Friday Fly-In @ The Field (31st July 2020

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Apart from a rather stiff breeze that got stronger as the day wore on, it was a rather pleasant 16deg & sunny @ the field today.

7 pilots fronted & all flew one or more of their toys.

Ian had a bit of a problem with his new lightweight powered glider but at least his Bixler 3 still flew well.

Kermit is still having issues with his Tundra (and his pet eagle) but his “Black Angel” Sky Surfer flew without incident.  He had another Phantom 2 set up for parachute jumping today but unfortunately it was too windy.

Gerald had his E-Sky Eyas assembled & flying today (using a ZOHD – Kopilot stabiliser) and like me with my Li’l Eagle, Gerald was suitably impressed with his new acquisition.

Ross was giving his Little Pilot VR headset another workout while FPV’ing the Bix 3  around the skies.

Not sure what Chris was flying today but I did see his Skipper & his Navy Cub in the air on more than one occasion.

Ricky gave the “Limbo Dancer” a bit of a flogging before the wind got too bad & then changed to one of his big gliders.

I was hoping to fly the recently acquired 850mm Pitts Special bi-plane but unfortunately I think it needs a 4S battery as it was way underpowered and had difficulty (especially with the rough terrain) even getting off the ground. Instead I settled for giving the Li’l Eagle a good flogging which ended with me trying to put it through the side window of Gerald’s SUV.

I guess my depth perception is not what it used to be, could have sworn I was at least 20 ft away.

Navy cub brief onboard footage with close up of an Eyas.

Luckily not too close for comfort.

I was looking forward to seeing the onboard footage for a close up of my car window.

Yes, so was I, that file got corrupted when the camera was unplugged without switching record off first.

I went to great lengths to recover it but to no avail.

Guess I could try to do it all over again!!

Got here eventually..

Ah the things we do !!.  Great videos from another fun day.

Not sure how long we will need to wait for this next bout of bad weather to pass over Tas and clear up but by the sound of it, mid to late next week may be the first chance for a fly.

After a bit of gardening today I got the other larger of (Kermit’s Bro) John’s bi-plane fitted up, programmed & running and on a 3S battery this one seem to have a lot more power than the Pitts Special did.

I guess it would want to this one is way heavier.  No doubt our next flying day will tell.

At least the Pitts flew nice & level so I guess its set up OK, just not very high & not very far !!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.