RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Friday Fly-In @ The Field (4th September 2020)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

It was a rather windy day @ the Field for flying today, forecast predicted 5 to 10 knots but I reckon it was probably closet to 10 to 20 knots. Even the windsock blew away (oh that’s right we didn’t have one today).

Anyway regardless it was blowing a gale.

Our President Ian stayed on the ground (receiver problem) along with Gerald (cameraman for today) but Hoppy, Stephen & I flew.

Hoppy had the AXN Clouds up, his Esky Eagles (with ribbon attached) and a couple of others I think. Stephen flew the Red Beastie (a very short flight) & I started with the Bix 2 Sport, followed with BumbleBee then Li”l Eagle & after lunch back to BumbleBee.

I managed a bit of poor quality HatCam video of BumbleBee, (hopefully Uncle G did better with his nice new 4K Sony handicam), and some onboard footage from the permanent camera on Li’l Eagle.

Lunch time BBQ was enjoyed by Stephen & myself while the others just had lunchbox snacks (their loss!!).

Unfortunately the wind returned with a vengeance after lunch so we called time @ around 13:30 and headed for warmer places.

Here is the footage from the clipped wing AXN today.

Clipped wings or not, looks like the old AXN is still flying well.

Here is my video of the day.

Just need a few more lessons at the “THE TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL VIDEO  PRODUCTION SECTION”.

Very nice Uncle G, looks like you are getting the hang of your new Video Camera.

Thanks Mike, Pretty happy with it so far, I even managed to get some of Kermit’s soft focus special effects in there!

Yes, but not TOO many.

Well looking at that I didn’t miss much and probably would have ended back in my tree if flying…😀😅🤣🙃😇😐🤓🤢💩👽

WELL THE VOTES ARE IN  THIS WAS A VERY DIFFICULT decision  to make but for viewing the days happenings and just plain good videoing  the boards decision is …………………flying @the field  UNCLE G   THIS AWARD IS ESPECIALLY SATISFYING BECAUSE OF THE SPECIAL EFFECTS   ” SOFT FOCUS ”  WELL PLACED TO MAXIMIZE EFFECT  ……….AS USUAL complaints or stuff I don’t like will be handled with respect  and filed ………………………………in the bin

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.