Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Only 5 players today on what turned out to be a very pleasant day for flying. The wind picked up around midday but other than that the weather was king.

Plenty of thermal activity for myself & Andy with the big gliders & there were several eagles up playing in the thermals as well.

I started the day off poorly by pranging the Beaver after a rather successful maiden flight, most of the damage was confined to the nose so it’s probably repairable.

Next flight was with the Wild Wing and it seems that I have a faulty ZOHD FC in it. It was a second hand unit from a pranged plane so probably should go in the bin. Luckily no damage from the forced landing.

Kermit had a new FC installed in his Wild Wing and after a quick program he flew off with wild abandon only to end up smoking his ESC. That & a broken nose on the Bix 3 means Kermit has some more work before the next fly day.

At least I had several good flights with the Blanik glider with Andy & myself both finding good thermals for some long flights.

Ron flew his beefed up 3D printed Hurricane & also his 3D printed Zero. Both flew well but the Hurricane still needs a bit more beefing up as the fuselage cracked again.

As usual Kermit put on a scrumptious BBQ lunch and managed a fair bit of video work in between his flights/prangs.

Only video I got today was from onboard the Blanik whilst working the many thermals.

you will have to move to 147 to view ..its a stuff up

Another fine video Mr Frog, I sent you an email with an easy fix for the start.

Apart from the delay at the start Kemit, it’s a great video 👍

You captured the days events well (including Andrew’s handy work). 🙂

oh I forgot to mention the gentle giant for credit using my camera ………narh dont think I will……………………………………………………………….just sayn

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.