RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Friday Flying on a sunny day

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Well then Ron certainly picked a glorious day for flying, 26 degrees, little wind (till around lunch time anyway) and no rain.  Same can’t be said for the next few days though, wild, wet & windy.

Only a small contingent of pilots today with Kermit, Mr Gadget, Fruitloop, Predator, Fab & Sinker.

Everyone had a fly or three & I believe only Kermit had a walk of shame today (although I’m sure he will say otherwise.

I finally got to maiden the recently acquired Blanik Glider, complete with my first SpeedyBee F405-Wing auto pilot installation. This is a new upgrade to the older MatekF411-WSE ap’s that I had been using.

The F405 Wing AP performed flawlessly as did the Blanik. I even managed a 200 metre lift in a thermal today just for good measure.

Ron had his vintage GlowPlug powered plane back again this week & it flew exceptionally now that all the bugs are ironed out.

The others flew their usual steeds.

Great videos Mike. The Blanik flew really well 👍

You must be happy with that.

Yes Ron very happy with both the Blanik & the new AP.

Especially happy with how well the Blanik thermals, will be able to give Andrew a run for his money now (maybe)

I flew Blaniks including one flight sucked into a Lenticular cloud in Scotland and we called them the Flying Spam Can. Will Bignell has a couple in storage at his farm in Bothwell awaiting wing mods. Has Kermit put his prop on the wrong way again as no power and wouldnt be the first time!!!

WELL WELL our foreign correspondence  fella is havin a shot   good try MR HOPPY sir  but the prop wasnt put on backwards it only fell off when predator touched the rubber band holding the prop thingi on  there there was a minor issue with one of the servo cables not secured through the swivel thingi  BUT  I did that on purpose so the wing would fly in circles  so no problems as I could see …..happy now ..hoppy ……………………………………………just sayn

EMMMM walk of shame for me …I dont think so  smashing into goal posts surely doesnt count for a walk of shame  out landings ie crashs do count  thats my definition  an thats all that matters …………so there..    never happened    …I make No excuses for my matings with horsey poles for they were intentional taps to test the flexibility of the timber for future aircraft frames something I have a passion for …new builds etc and for future verbal knowledge on where to strike a post for miminal damage I will be the…… POST WHISPER ..  although the hangman wasnt present today fruity did get to my camera thus only a portion of the sd card was infected with total dribble after two hours of hard editing I did remove his infestation  there will be no acknowledgement of his  participation at the end of this video  gadget did try to be predator with the weather call but there can only be one. it would be remiss of me not to thank the honerable sinker for a gift …a sign 3D PRINTED with the words KERMIT IS THE BEST .why he printed that I have no idea  but he is right  so there ya go  A fun day with sun  clear sky and good company ………well most of em ……………………just sayn

Well looks like I missed a good day’s flying.

Great videos all.

You sure did Andrew, best thermals we have had so far this year.

@ 1300ft even the big Blanik was getting hard to see (even though it was directly above) so I piked out and came back down.

More great videos of a great day.

How many goals does it take for Kermit to be drafted into the Matildas. The post attacks were not good though 😁.

With two red planes we have to call them Big Red and Little Red.

I loved the way the vintage looking yellow and blue plane flew

By the way the Sorell School kids had a perfect sail day at Midway point.

YEA WE MISSED our MR sea side  and to a lesser extent hangman  but as you have seen through all the excellent videos we did indeed have a great time THE sinker gave me a prezzie a printed 3d sign to which I will display at all our flying events such is the honour he has bestowed  upon me…..  such a nice kid …   such a shame he tells fibs about sailing though but there ya go ………………………………………………………………..just sayn

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.