RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 GETTING GRASS HOPPER ( TRY ONE )

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

FRIDAY 21 AUGUST  FIRST ATTEMPT TO RETRIEVE GRASS HOPPER WAS SUCCESSFUL…………NOT …..HOW EVER FOUR OF US HAD FUN AT THE ATTEMPT   UNCLE G   HOPPY   BAD ANGEL  AN ME     ALL HAD IDEAS HOW TO GET HER DOWN  NONE WORKED  IF grass hopper isn’t down in a few days with the wind  little chief Kermit  green feather will shoot arrows into the branch of the offending tree with the intention to bend /shake the branch to release it ….. GRASS HOPPERS  bed is starting to get cold

I’m sure the weather over the coming week will shake poor old Grasshopper loose & send it CRASHING DOWN to Terra Firma.

Part 2 of the Tundra rescue!

Although not successful a great day was had by all. (except Kermit)

It was nice of Kermit to put on the barbecue lunch after we finished?

More to come as BA was there with camera.

Kermit, if the wind doesn’t work, here are some ideas.

I started to watch then I heard music that did it for me wonder what happened next ?

Ok here is my epic production of our day……

GREAT DAY FELLAS  THANKS FOR BEING THERE        the grass hopper sleeps cold tonight

When’s the next attempt?

WELL DEAR BOY  AFTER A DAY OR SO I WILL TODDLE AROUND THERE TO CHECK THEN I NEED TO GET A VERY LONG STRONG ROPE FROM WHICH WE WILL PULL THE OFFENDING BRANCH WITH THE CAR TILL IT BREAKS  I need to get one from my bro he has a strong  long rope from his previous efforts at a tree  SO STAY TUNED

Kermit, have you got the plane yet? Let us know if you want a hand.

checked grass hopper out today  Monday 24 still very much up a tree

Hey Kermit, what about something like this attached to two ropes that is taken up by a drone and put around the branch that the grass hopper is stuck on:

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/elemental-pocket-saw/581645.html

Working the ropes back and forth on the ground may eventually cut through the branch?

Permission could be sought from the owner but I don’t reckon he’d worry about one branch.

What do you think?

Rope saw’s are also available but they are a lot more expensive and I imagine they would be quite heavy.

I LIKE IT RON  i will go to Cambridge after sailing to check the actual length and if its good enough get one  ta good idea

Or you can use a proper saw like in this video but will need a bigger drone. Tomorrow is the one ok day for a week. How about a fly and retrieval day?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.