RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing at Forcett Lakes Sailing @ Forcett Lakes 2023 IOM Classic Sail Day – Forcett Lakes 8.7.23

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Forcett Lakes – IOM Classic Day

7th July 2023

A cold gusty day with variable north westerly 15-20 knt breeze greeted ten skippers today to contest another IOM classic day.

The format involved a handicap system of 15 sec for a win, 10 sec for second and 5 sec for third with no dropped races, and at the end of the day every skipper had a handicap, with close racing being the order of the day with 5 of the 10 skippers taking line honours.

Race one was the only race to be completed by all skippers with several boats falling victim to the conditions. There were some rigging issues, flat batteries and even one dismasting which kept Pete Webberley busy in the rescue dinghy, and only left six boats on the water for the last two races

First place went to Lisa Blackwood in her newly restored TS2 on 30 points. Results included two 1st places, and three 3rd places with her worst result being a 6th place. Great sailing Lisa 😊. Rob Cooney (previous Classic Day winner) took out 2nd place on 35 points which included three race wins and one 2nd place. Ian Hey came in third place 1 point further adrift. Well sailed by all skippers in trying conditions.

Special thank you to our PRO Phil Jackman who managed to keep the skippers under control on and off the water, thank you Trout 😊. I would also like to thank Pete Webberley who loaned me his spare TS2 for the day, it was very generous and greatly appreciated, sorry I beat you Pete 😊

The BBQ post sailing was greatly enjoyed by all that attended. Many thanks to Peter W for supplying the rescue dinghy , BBQ and chairs etc. 😊

Ian H

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.