RC BOATING YACHTING Sailing @ Lauderdale Canal Sailing & Boating @ Lauderdale Canal 2019 IOM Sailing with the Marine Modellers Group 9-6-19

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Although the winds went from light to, at times, non existent @ the canal this morning for the Marine Modellers Group usual Sunday IOM sailing we did manage to get 4 two lap races in for the morning.

There were 9 skippers present (from memory) however one dropped out with winch issues even before the first race. As is often the case @ Puddleduck with both the DF95’s & DF65’s, Gerald was showing his prowess with his new IOM #25 by winning or placing in each of the races today.

I was sailing my rebuilt Wedgie design IOM #144 and managed a 5th in the first scratch race and 2 fourths & a third after the first two boats started on handicap.

Not too bad for a boat that is only a couple of months short of her 21st birthday, having originally been built by Jon Holmes & first registered (AUS 1044) to Alan Furmage on 1st August 2008.

This was her first outing in competition since the rebuild & no doubt she will improve over time with a bit more tweaking but overall I was very happy with her performance especially given that she is a wider bodied skiff type design suited for much heavier weather than the millpond conditions of today.

A couple of pics

More pics from this morning can be found here

“Wedgie” went well today Mike, could be dangerous in a bit more wind.
      All we need now is Kermit and his restored (green) IOM to turn up on Sunday to show us how it should be done.

OH MY GOD  PREDATOR     you the man             great to hear that she sails so well  but an its a big but  when the ol thing an I went past  why were most or all of the sailors  carrying white walking sticks and hanging on to the arms of others  you were the only one without a stick or a helper  soooo my question is…….  is this a fair representation of the sailing members  you were up against an you still came  fifth an fourth  an lets not forget the magnificent third  an yes the boat is 21 years old  but the paint is not yet a month old  a bit more tweaking  maybe needed  but as a seasoned sailor perhaps a few quite lessons at the royal toadhall yacht club  would be helpful  just ring up Admiral kermit la frog for an appointment    A FINE EFFORT   keep  trying     REGARDS  KERMIT   PS  bring along uncle G  sounds like the boy needs some help to

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.