GENERAL CHIT CHAT (inc Buy & Sell) Kingborough Model Show Monday 13th March 2023

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

For those that are interested several members of RCToysTas fliers group will be exhibiting at the Model Expo.

As the Marine Modellers group have a rather large amount of superb marine models for display we were asked to leave our boats at home & display the airborne side of the hobby.

Ron (Mr Gadget) will have his latest 3d printed Zero on display along with his 3D printer (hopefully printing lightweight plane parts). He will also have the famous Beer Box Spitfire on display as well as some of his hobby electronics setups.

Mike (Predator) will have several planes on display including the huge 3 metre “foamy” Fox glider (set up for FPV flight with HD colour camera, video transmitter & ZOHD autopilot with RTH) and the tiny 700mm powered glider that flies fantastic.

The FMS 3M Fox is currently the largest commercial foam RC plane available & needs a launch trolley for one person launching due to its power & weight. It runs on 2 x 75C  4500mAh 11.1 Volt LiPo batteries wired in series (22.2 volts) and gets around 30 minutes of powered flight but will stay up there gliding for as long as you want.

Linal (Kermit) will also have a plane or three & perhaps his Quad on display & lastly Dave (Snit) who happens to be one of the foundation members of RCToys, will be displaying several of the superb scale boats built either by himself or his dad. (well someone had to fly the flag for the boaties)

Gerald (Sinker) who is a long standing member of the Marine Modellers group as well as RCToys will also have several of his superb scale models on display.

Here are a few pics taken during the Sunday setup ready for the Monday Public display

The Display is open to the public (for a gold coin donation) from 10:00am till 3:00pm tomorrow Monday 13th March 2023 @ Kingston Park in the Community Hub

Hi Mike, the communal table looks much better with the ramp moved to the side.

Is there power available for the video screen near the ramp?

Yes Ron, that is why we moved your stuff. The Train guys had a spare table AND they needed power so I have some leads & powerboards in the car and you will have power in the morning.

I checked when I got home and had 3 corrupted videos on the laptop. Replaced one and deleted the other 2 and all seems OK now.

A quick walk around before it opened,

Here is my quick walk around after it opened to the public

That’s an excellent walk around video Mike. 👍

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.