RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ The Field 2024 Mid week Fly In April 17th

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

When I arrived, late as usual, Scott, Kermit & Gerald were already airborne & having a great time.

Scott managed 198kph from his gas powered Delta Wing just as I arrived. Kermit also managed his first prang around the same time.

I hoped to fly the 3M Fox glider but on assembling @ the field, found one aileron not functioning correctly, oh well always next time eh!!

Did fly the Bix 2 Sport & the Li’l Eagle biplane and had great fun playing tag with Scott & his Roulette’s trainer.

About mid morning Rian arrived with a good collection of planes closely followed by (forgot- I’m a bugger with names) who has just purchased a plane & is about to start learning to fly.

He had a quick lesson (without stabiliser but with buddy box) from Scott that went fair for his very first flight & then had an almost 15 minute unaided (apart from launch & land) flight with my Bix 2 Sport (with iNav stabiliser). Methinks he will be buying a stabiliser this week for his brand new plane !!.

There were only a couple of broken planes and overall it was another great day for being outdoors & for RC flying.

As usual Kermit treated all to a wonderful BBQ lunch.

I think I still have another video to publish

We should do more like this chase planes  far more entertaining than just flying around  I might start a coarse in my TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL  teaching this……. any takers ?…………………………………………………………………………..just sayn

Li’l Eagle Bipe Flight so easy to film when the aircraft stays in the area of people are in once outside that area the camera can’t lock on and if it does then often it will lose focus an the video isn’t worth putting up so stay close go slow do lops rolls crash etc so we can all enjoy good quality video UNLESS  gentle giant an fruity have the camera then most of their effort is put in storage ………ha ha ha …………………………….Well done MR Clint Eastwood Predator  SIR …………………………………………………just sayn

arhhhh the new bloke what’s his name me thinketh he’s gunna fit in very well with our roughnecks  a few flights with TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL  an he will be an ace just like Uncle G   (A GRADUATE  from my flight school )   NOW AN ACE ..with 3 kills an a possible to his credit .. two snails an a possible butterfly 🦋   never the less bookings are now available  price is $100.00 per lesson if your a pensioner  then a discount can be applied… IF YOU PRODUCE A NOTE FROM YOUR GRAND MA  stating you are in fact an old fart.   The price might seem high but you will be trained by our best TOP  flight instructor and general manager ……..captain KERMIT  LA FROG  and the money will be going straight to SAVE THE GREEN TREE FROG 🐸  FUND ……..trust me   The new boy was so accepted into our group that he was allowed to give the usual wave goodbye with a shiny MOON thus equalling my MOON to the foreign correspondent  HOPPY all those years ago.  Nice  VIDEO Mr Predator Sir  I cannot say the same for my camera man presently being called fruit loops  until his new name is disclosed for his effort was nearly totally unusable  almost as bad as the gentle giants efforts   …oh well…. moving on …………………………………………………………………………just sayn

Dont you mean a CRASH course with topgun flight school. You to can learn from the top Crasher…

Just Say’n

flying frogs…….

well that’s another way of saying it  GG  We missed you yesterday …………………………………..NOT ….just sayn

Dear Mr predator

i really thought the flying we did would of resulted in more close flying but not to be

Geez I’ll have to run into ya for gooda film

anyways another day another fly

as for that frog guy

well things cannot be said on this g rated forum

other than to say I tried with his own camera to film his (frogs) stardom

but it appears that after hours of filming

froggy nothing was present to put in vid

and I’m offering a flight school at $10

Greatly  under cutting that frog (guy)

and with further flight on predators  plane

to round off the day

ill have to send this link to the frog  so he can have a go

anyways when’s next fly day

I thank No name  for his message as to a proposal to start another flight school however TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL has a contract  with the land owner to have only one school operating …you may start another school by hopping over the fence    with the thistles  as to flying with PREDATOR  Nope same deal   JUST except you can’t win  against TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL    Regards KERMIT. LA FROG general manager TGFS

Is child lock controlled by AI

???????

dear no name ..NO  the child lock only operates when a child try’s to use this site ..that’s why you were blocked………………………………..just sayn

After a long and exhaustive investigation into the malfunctioning aileron on the Fox 3M it turned out to be a dead servo. (A Predator MG Digital Servo none the less). A replacement is on the way from the good old US of A.  Will be airborne again in a couple of weeks hopefully.

Now I better sort out the missing video.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.