RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Midweek Fly-In 26th August 2020

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Plenty of happenings today, after another perfect day picked by Hoppy.

Well done AGAIN.

The morning was spent with everyone flying in light to very light winds.

A couple had FPV flights while others stuck to LOS.

Around midday we had a break for BBQ lunch then back to some more flying before all packing up & headed off into the trees to mount yet another Rescue Mission to recover Kermit’s Tundra from its treetop perch. Whilst trying many options & getting close to success alas the poor Tundra is still sitting in the tree.

I would like to remind everyone I picked the good day. Makes a change after my last time that was drizzly. Today we had the bonus of waterlogged fields so perfect for the all terain Skipper (700mm mini) and Skipper XL (864mm span). The small skipper went nice but did not have an onboard camera but here is a keychain on the Skipper XL. It flew on a 3S 2200 pack off the water but with a new 3 blade prop for more thrust. It was hard to steer on the water as i took off the bottom plastic flotation plate. I now know it needs it so will reinstall.

The Skipper XL got water in the fusalage which is where the servos are including aileron so it got a glitching servo at the end. And my XK X450 was glitching too so I put the camera to look at the offending motor tilt servo. It flew OK so here is the video:

I will post the drone footage of the retrieval attempt later as need to add music thats acceptable to Kermit and youtube.

Here is the Mavic Mini footage of the retrieval attempt. If you watch it soon then no music as takes youtube a while to add.

Well done Chris,   Yes its still up there but we had lots of practice that will prove invaluable when we get some decent bloody rope.!!!

Just as well the arrow (0:40 sec) stopped short, it was making a bee line for your Mavic Mini

Must say terrible choice of music, think it was better without it. Just my humble opinion.

A little bit of stuff from me:

GENTLEMEN  TODAYS  VIDEO WINNER IS ………wait for it …………….wait ……………………..PREDATOR  FOR HIS PROWLER VIDEO

THIS WAS A VERY DIFFICULT SELECTION DUE TO HOPPYS SUPERB  DRONE WORK AND THE WATER FLIGHT  EFFORTS BOTH BRILLIANT    BUT THE BOARDS DECISION IS FINAL ……..  as usual complaints  will be dealt with in the appropriate way

AS 2IC flight line gang  may I say on behalf of the flyers a……… BIG THANK YOU TO HOPPY for his pick the WEATHER DAY  WELL DONE DEAR BOY

I’m sure BA would have won if he added music to his 18minute epic video.

As many of you have float planes and swamp dogs let’s make use of the puddle and have a float session whilst the water is there!

HOPPY ………NOPE

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.