RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 Midweek Fly-In 7th October 2020

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Apart from being a tad wet underfoot it was another great day of flying @ The Field today.

We had a good turn up with 9 pilots & around 20 planes (& other flying things) between them.

First off to start the day was some automotive launching of gliders, Chris had a couple of his small thermal gliders & I had a couple of RC buggies to tow launch them. The first car was a bit under powered but the little 4wd Turnigy VW buggy worked a treat. Had to run it on a 2s rather than 3s to reduce the max speed on the bumpy ground but the idea worked a treat. I think Uncle G & Kermit got some video and perhaps Bad Angel as well.

Moose decided it was time to get back in the pilots seat and had several good flights (and good landings) with his recently acquired (from Hoppy) Eyas Eagle. Well done Mr Moose & nice to see you back in the air after such a long break.

I will add some more after the videos have been edited but probably won’t happen till tomorrow (take note Kermit) as we are heading out to celebrate my daughters 40th birthday. That in itself is a worry and she is only the second eldest.!!

DONE

Was not a bad day except ran out of time for the swamp dawgs and I had 7 planes and gliders with me. Here is the onboard keychain cam footage of the TL2000 withou and with the big canopy on. A lot of glare when on especially when viewed through goggles in SD.

My bit:

Well what can I say….mmmmm silly old bugger… I just promoted self to ‘new field’ entertainments officer cause I attempted to do the funny floss šŸ˜„šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ¤šŸ¤Ŗ

YOUR THE BEST

THE VIDEO BOARD IS WAITING FOR THE FINAL VIDEO FROM PREDATORĀ  SO JUST DO WHAT WE DO ………………..WAIT

Well I nominate Tadpol Productions just cause the surperbly video capture of a dancing very strange old man trying to do’The Floss’ a real academy award winning in focus video for a pleasent change so the nomination is just for that bit..

THE VIDEO BOARD HAS ARRVED AT ITS DECISIONĀ  Ā L I’L EAGLEĀ  PREDATORĀ  HAS THE DAYĀ  NOT FOR THE IN FIELD CONTENT BUT FOR THE VIEW AND MISC CONTENTĀ  AS ALWAYS PLEASE PUT YOUR OBJECTIONSĀ  INTO THE BIN COUSEĀ  THE BOARDS NOT LISTENING

And rightly so, if I do say so myself.

Nah, just kidding. Perhaps the Frog should really get it this week if just for the persistence in all the editing associated with his “Soft Focus” display !!

CHAIRMAN VIDEO BOARD ” THE FIELD ”Ā  I THANK THE HONOURABLE MEMBERS FOR THEIRĀ  IMPUT INTO MAKING THESE VIDEOS FOR US ALL TO ENJOY BUT AS THEĀ  BOARDS CHAIRMAN I AM AUTOMATICALLY EXCLUDED FROM PARTICIPATINGĀ  Rule 97 page 2,10 sub clause 9 section cĀ  Ā REVISED EDITION

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.