RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Monday Fly-In at the field.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

It is looking like it may be another wet & windy week so we thought better get in early for some flying.

The forecast was “calm” for today @ 20 degrees, we got the temp ok but it was rather windy with often strong gusts.

I was a late starter today (had a previous appt) but I was told that our very own Kermit Le Frog put on a superb display of precision flying earlier today (can’t wait to see the video) before eventually coming unstuck & clipping a tree & then after continuing on, clipping a goal post. He must have got away with it as all his planes were still flying when I arrived a bit after 11:00.

Andrew, Gerald & Ron were also on site taking advantage of the day and eagerly awaiting the arrival & maiden of my Draco. It turned out to be a bit of an anticlimax as the damn thing almost flew itself, being very well mannered in takeoff, landing & flight. After disengaging the “Safe Select” system I tried a very small amount of aerobatics (at a great height) and that also went well.

We had a Draco here flying on Saturday and you can see a brief glimpse of it getting ready to fly in my footage.

The guy flying the big red acrobatic plane at the beginning is a ex Israeli F16 pilot who now teaches military drones here in Philippines to the airforce . Looks like he needs a TGFC advanced flying course.

My video, (copyrighted)

Hey Mr Sinker  you wanta get the opps video clip  ……….you sure had a lot of funny good stuff  bewt video  great entertainment ……………………………just sayn

Couldn’t have done it without you Kermit!………………………………………………………………………Just sayn.

As for the oops video clip, no thanks, that’s yours. (To many frogs in it for me)

GREAT DAY I have just fixed the twicky twocky vertical mode on the camera seem there ARE several numbers for HD  I had a different number  so 1920 x1080 HD  is what I now have an what a glorious sight it is  GUNNA BE FUN ……just sayn

Kermit my man, you should try 3840 x 2160 as that is 4K which your camera does. 4 times the resolution of 1920 x 1080.

YEP THATS WHAT IT WAS ON WHICH GAVE ME GRIEF    OPPS CAPS ON

Just realised I haven’t downloaded the footage from the HandiCam yet.

Oh well there is always tomorrow.

At least the Draco footage is now completed. Thanks to Gerald & Kermit for a bit of ground footage to add to the onboard stuff.

You are getting slower than Kermit.

P.S. We can talk later about the copyright fees!

Just such a busy life I lead, and you blokes keep taking me away flying (or boating). It’s a wonder I get anything done at all!!

SOOOOOOO  there’s copyright fees ……...ha    that means the sinker misses out there’s nothing worth nickin from him ………………..just sayn

You didn’t copyright your video Kermit, so no fee’s for you!

NOW THATS NOT FAIR  I have a commitment to the sinker to buy his drone,  without  the copyright fees  its gunna take forever       ………how about you buy the copyright outright …..there could be a discount for pensioners ………………………..just sayn

Definitely a great day flying and the excellent video footage from our camera men captures it perfectly.

Mike, you must be happy with the Draco. The maiden flight looks really good and mixing all the different video sources top it off 👍

Gerald, I’m sure Mike will reward you handsomely for you part in it 🙂

Kermit, your Draco Baby video is a great collection of the flight line gang and I love your head cam footage.  You had great patience and determination to get the green machine back in the air and congratulations for achieving that 👏

Oh, and Hoppy, it looks like that red plane in your video has something wrong with it. Is one of the aileron servos stuck fully in one direction? It just keeps spinning around and around!! 🙂

Yes Ron, definitely happy with the Red Dragon !!. Hoping it flies just as well on a calm day as it did in all the wind on Monday.

I will however try and improve the onboard camera angles before next flight.

MR GADGET SIR.  I Personally believe that the pilot of the spinning putt putt was a student chopper pilot he just forgot what he was flying ………………………….just sayn       as for the head cam I think now that the problem is solved  I should get some good footage  if its close ……..that I can do  BEFORE CRASHING

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.