RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ the Field 2023 Monday (strange day) Fly-In

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Today was one of those very strange days that you experience occasionally.

Firstly the weather didn’t want to play ball, it wasn’t cold but it also wasn’t the predicted 24 degrees either, and it was windy all day followed by rain after lunch that forced us all to make a hasty retreat, only to have the rain stop before we had even left the field.

We has a fair turnout with Gerald (Sinker), Linal (Kermit), Fab (Phil), Gadget (Ron), Seaside Mitch (Stephen), Predator (Mike).

Gadget was the first to strike problems when his Tundra wouldn’t power up, initially thought to be a faulty ESC but turned out to only be an unplugged wire. This wasn’t the end of his worries though as next the magnetic hatch clip came unglued so no Tundra flying today.

Next it was Kermit’s turn for misadventure, whilst attempting a dangerous manoeuvre too close to the ground with his near new Freedom he struck Terra Firma and broke the CF wing spar (amongst other things). Luckily Fab has a spare from an earlier mishap when he was learning to fly so with that & some trusty contact adhesive Kermit had the Freedom repaired post haste.

It was too windy for Gadget to test fly his repaired 3D printed Hurricane & also for Sinker to fly his 3D printed mini Cub.

I flew my repaired Sonic64 EDF wing (failed servo caused ground impact & some minor damage a few weeks ago) and it was good as new.

Also had a couple of flights with the Blanik glider. There were no thermals around today but she handled the wind with ease.

Checkout the “Foo Fighter” continually popping up in the top R/H corner in video 2. Any ideas please let me know.

Thought I’d fixed the whistle but its still there so need to try something else next time.

Just before lunch Gadget was flying his vintage Glow Plug powered plane (seen in the videos from our two previous fly days) when a radio failure sent it into the ground at great speed, just a bucket of bits now & unlikely to be rebuilt (but we did at least find all the bits).

As usual Kermit put on a fine BBQ for lunch.

My videos;

Mike

Is your UFO the sun????

Ron bad luck with your plane. Any video of the crash.

LOOK AT THAT andy sympathizers  with gadget then wants to rub it in with a  crash  video of it ….. tusk tusk andy    we just dont do that sort of thing  ……..shame of you ……………………………………………………………….just sayn

DEAR PREDATOR   the dragon has supplied the answer to the foo fighter sceens  ….IT seems she was out flying on that day,   the shots were of her just fly’n around as she does most days breathing fire an flappin her big wings  I have asked her not to come over the field anymore  shes scary enough when shes on the ground …sorry ……………………………………………………just sayn

Directors Cut

Well done yet again Mr Frog, pity that you missed the best prang of the day though.!!

Kermit, I have to say, not one of your best efforts,

Too many low fly By’s by that Esky Eyas (10 would have been enough),

No oops moments (you missed the only real crash of the day),

Using other people’s video,

Very low sound volume (you couldn’t hear the friendly banter or arguing going on in the background),

And another one minute of black screen at the end.

What’s going on?………………………………………………………………………..Just sayn

Bad luck Ron

Kermit, here is some ideas you could try,

The first one in the video would be good for you as you keep breaking noses off your planes.

The second part would be good as you like to throw propeller blades around.

And don’t even think about the third one, as you have enough trouble with two wings!

I was gigglin like a school girl   loved it  …… ta sinker………………………………………………………just sayn

I thank the honorable  critics  for they are justified   First utube blocked a section an the rest wellll I had problems with the numbers to record in HD program fault  I did three vids thinking the last one was right I sent that to utube  an it wasnt the right one  soooo I have done another  an this is it  gord knows how ya gunna like this version    as for the sinkers voice  your just jealous cos you cant dance as good as the monkey an yeah I cant spell arrangatang  now to address another point I wasnt filming gadget  but when I heard the noist I swung the camera around an did catch the prang a bit  but by god ya gotta look for it  its there but not worth the effort as for to many flybys  yep but when nothing really is going on ya gotta make a video with what ya got in the can ………….thats videographer’s talk ..there thats it ………………………………………………………………………………….just sayn

It’s a shame that you didn’t have “Little Andy” there to help you.

Andy had a previous engagement  something about barn rafters …hanging rafters /fixing rafters somethin like that…………………………………………………just sayn

Kermit, my little frog, all good directors/producers cop a lot of flack from their underlings, you just need a thick skin, which toads frogs are notorious for.

At least you are trying !! (in fact very trying at times)

arhhh there ya go I thought I was gettin some sympathy   but then ya go for the jugular   arhhh life was good in the ol day’s……………………………………………………….just sayn

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.