RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ The Field 2021 Moose’s Wednesday fly in

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Moose picked a good day to fly and it was so calm even Bad Angel showed up. And good to see Ricky flying again after a long absence. Moose decided to take his glider for a cross country and landed the other side of the forest. Luckily a good landing and was easy to find with RSSI strength as it was still plugged in. I used my mini mobius on the Eagles and the rest of my footage is with my new #32 camera this time trying out A lens version as D lens was big fisheye.

These from the #32:

Moose’s Razor looked a treat in it’s new red & white livery;

but unfortunately it still didn’t take long for him to lose it. The first time it came back by itself but the next flight it disappeared into the Never Never when the ZOHD RTH failed to operate (more on that matter later).

Moose & Stephen went looking but had no luck. After lunch I put my Ham Radio Foxhunting skills (from many many moons ago) to use and using the RSSI signal on Moose’s Taranis Radio I (ably assisted by Hoppy & Ricky) tracked the plane through the bush for probably over 1 Klm to where it had come down way over in the next valley. Apart from a small ding in one wing the Razor was undamaged.

As for the problem with the ZOHD RTH it turned out that Moose was flying on his old Bixler programming which was set up for a FY-41AP autopilot that uses 2 switches to control it. The ZOHD only uses 1 switch and that one was disabled.

The radio had initially been set up correctly by Uncle G but there were two Razor profiles in the radio (one by Moose & one by Uncle G) and as is often the case the wrong profile got deleted in a recent clean-up.  A bit of reprogramming before the next flight & all should once again be working as per normal.

WELL THEN MR HOPPY  interesting bit of video you got there  very nice

SO NICE TO SEE YOUNG RALPH UP THERE WITH YOU PRED   GREAT VIDEO

Another top video Kermit, and thanks for the special mention in the credits.

UNCLE G  if your a good boy I will always give you credit for it unfortunately of late you have been the opposite  so on this occasion  good boy

WELL MR BIGGUS D…US THAT WENT OFF WITH A BANG…..   NICE  AN TO TOP IT YOU FLEW LIKE A STUDENT FROM TOP GUN FLIGHT SCHOOL       “PERFECT “

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.