RC AIRCRAFT FLYING Flying @ “The Field” Flying @ “The Field” 2020 More Flying @ the Field

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

Tassie weather being what it is meant that the forecast conditions & actual conditions were almost spot on today.

The morning started of with a bit of a breeze & around 14 deg quickly rising to 18 deg before the change to a howling gale around 12:30. Luckily we had finished flying by then and most had their gear packed away (except me).

Is that a Moose I see ?                                                                                                  Oh no, just a frog in disguise

We had just settled down to our BBQ lunch and most of the cooking was done when the Northerly came roaring through. I ended up with a broken rudder and wing tip as the poor Bix 2 Sport was picked up from where it was parked & cartwheeled across the road and into the adjoining paddock. Luckily its nothing a bit of glue can’t fix.

We had 10 in attendance with nine flying (well I think everyone had a fly) and one observer.

Ron & Neil made it along today with all the regulars & everyone had a morning of fun & frivolity.

Bad weather is on the horizon for the next few days so it is likely that it will be later in the week before we venture out again.

AS the former president    ( taken away by deception )  may I say how nice it was to renew our friendship with the newbees  who managed to find the entrance to the field and participated in the half days fun, an fun it was with flying gone to a new gigantic level  owing to the new fields wide panoramic paddocks unobstructed by plane killers ( bloody great trees ) a real pleasure  because we are all now super experienced putt putt flyers (except for the  MR MOOSE ) the wind that now inhabits this area is of no consequence  because we are gods an one bad angel  before I close may I say how brilliantly our president for life flew today an artist in the true sense of the word…. Hovering just above the ground in force 1 winds turning and weaving his widdle bixler like the ark angel himself  playing the piano  truly a wonder to behold  IF I were still the president I would say to the flight the gang today  Thank you for  allowing BAD ANGEL to fly with us today  an not sending him to the far reaches of the furthermost field for his deviant transgressions in my demise of the presidents position    there I’m done now      X president     KERMIT LA FROG

THANKS PREDATOR FOR THE SHORTS AS WE FLY WE MISS THE OTHER STUFF GOING ON SO ITS GREAT TO REVISIT AND SEE WHAT WE MISSED THANKS HEAPS

Your welcome my little green mate.

Thank you , Kermit!   The white patch doesn’t seem to have “reply”  on it ….but it works now so thanks for that!  This kind deed will be taken as equal  to five “Hail Marys” so you will be well in credit if you feel like sinning a bit. Go in peace ,little brother and dear friend,  Signed Ian RI, President for life and Beyond.

My dear Mr President Commander in chief and dear leader for and after life…. Did I tell you I really really really did love your socks, kinda goes with the skinny legs

I have to disagree with the bad angel on this issue our chief /president has well refined brown protrusions from his torso  an if you get right up close he has hair on em but ya gotta get REAL  REAL close to seem em……  bad angel told me that….. but I will take his word for that

I have cut out a bit of the onboard FPV video from the wing being launched from the robo Ron bungy launcher.

Quite bumpy from the wind and flying into the sun is not so good.

Just missed the top of a tree at 48 seconds!

That was awful close to that tree young Ron.

GOD DAMN BOY THERE’S SO MANY ARROWS NUMBERS THINGIES GOING ON IN THE HELMET  HOW THE HELL DO YOU FLY IT  I GUESS YOU THOUGHT THE TREE WAS A   THINGIE …… STILL GOOD FUN AY

Oh Kermit and Ian. May your lights shine bright.

GOD DAMN HOPPY THAT’S SOOO SPIRITUAL  BUT …..THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE PRESIDENT

My take on a very windy day:

Another quality video production there Mr BA.

Yes it was a tad windy but I didn’t hear one pilot say Its too windy, I can’t fly today.

Think everyone enjoyed themselves regardless.

A bit less wind would have been nice though to get the Prowler FPV back in the air.

WELL DONE BAD ANGEL  my wasn’t MR moose cranky I had forgotten how windy it got to  an we all survived….gettin to the stage that the funnies wont be there any more such is the caliber of we top notch flyers  an your just about there to ……. keep trying  excellent video as always  ta

That was a fun day.

It was a good day always good to up the flying skills probably the worst conditions I, we have flown in and all survived best if all , all the flying things still fly some with a few dents but still fly..😜

Too windy for pleasant flying for those of us without flight controllers. The forecast tomorrow Monday is now good, then Thursday, as the best light wind days.

After flying fast in the strong wind yesterday with the Bix 2 Sport and the little mishap over lunch when she was picked up and cart wheeled along the ground by a very strong wind gust, the original water transfer stickers (that I quite liked)…….

……. were unfortunately a little (well actually a lot) worse for wear so today whilst repairing the damaged wing tip & rudder (from the same incident) I decided to remove all the stickers & come up with a new, painted on colour scheme.

Repairs have been completed and all the old water transfer stickers removed. Now to just decide on a colour scheme.

My original Bix 2 Predator Sport was a Red & Black colour scheme on top & Orange underneath so need something a bit different this time.

Bad Angel (Ross) also has a similar problem with his Bix 3 with all the original stickers looking more tattered every time he flies. After a strip down & clean he is proposing an all black livery for his so I guess I can go with anything except all black!! Maybe Hot Pink all over, then again perhaps not.

WELL OBVIOUSLY if you want it lookin spick  the only colour is …..wait for it……………….GREEN

Kermit, me old mate, I’m afraid MTT Green doesn’t work for me.

Was that a brick I saw tied around our Presidents waist to hold him down in the wind.

only kermit could dream up such a god dam horrible colour

Nearly as bad as the colour of Mikes  Poor Toes easy to blame the dog when really tried to stick the boot into the frog

Looks like everyone had a great day Love The videos watch them all the time;

Hopefully I will be There Next week providing its not Wednesday or Thursday ( Doctors )

Great to watch everyone having fun and I hope to see you very soon

PRED  COBBER I AGREE THAT TONE OF GREEN ISN’T WHAT YOU WANT  A FLUFFY AIRY SOFT TONE GREEN IS WHAT YOU WANT AN I HAPPEN TO HAVE A FEW GALLONS OF IT….  YOURS FREE  I WILL EVEN DELIVER IT TO YOU  ITS JUST I WANT YOUR LOVELY AIRCRAFT TO BE ABLE TO EXPRESS ITSELF IN FLIGHT AN ON THE GROUND  EAGLES DO NOT ATTACK GREEN AIRCRAFT  THAT’S A BONUS TO

YOUR POST MR MOOSE was nearly correct it wasn’t a brick holding onto our beloved president it was his side kick BAD ANGEL  suckin up again SORRY latching on… an as for preds sore foot , I was up at the ponderosa the other day so let me just say  we will go with the common story he’s put out there with the dog …..as for the colour yes that shade wasn’t right  but mine is soft pleasant to look at opps sorry I was thinking of me then  AN I HAVE GALLONS OF IT all free   to the right aircraft   if I was the president all aircraft would be green   LETS HOPE you will be with us next week if not you will be there in another form    he he he 

DEAR MR PRESIDENT IF you are reading these forum ditties  I would like you to know that today as in most days I played with the helicopter ball you gave us so long ago   I still have my ball unlike bad angel who AS YOU KNOW  so frivolously let his ball get lost  Regards your most loyal servant KERMIT LA FROG

Not really flying-in-the-field but Chris, myself and two extras went slope soaring at Tranmere today.

I thought I’d post this hat cam video of the first ever flight of the balsa/solar film two meter glider.

Thanks to Chris for doing the initial take off and trimming before handing it over to me.

I didn’t realise how tricky it is to land a glider on a slope when all the glider wants to do is keep climbing and flying!

THAT WAS ENJOYABLE  DIFFERENT  NO MOTOR  JUST SKILL  NICE ONE        THANKS FELLAS

Your sloper flew very well Ron, especially giving it was your first try.

Well done

Ron using his launcher.

Lovely  job, Ron….very ingenious!

Our Robo Ron’s are clue’y buggar isn’t he…… he could make a third assistant president

Very good interesting content here from the gang, nice to see your video postings Robo Ron just gotta get Neil posting video clips now and Carey flying..

A POST OUT OF ORDER /    SOME ONE AT THE FLIGHT LINE SAID THEY WERE AFTER A BBQ LIKE MINE TWO BURNER  IF THAT’S YOU BBC HAVE THEM FOR $45 OR SO DOLLARS  BE QUICK  FRONT ROW TOWARDS THE GARDEN SECTION

X PRESIDENT KERMIT LA FROG

Just make sure they have the hotplate with it. Most of the cheaper 2 burner BBQ’s DON’T have the hotplate and it is difficult to get as a spare.

If it has the hotplate it is around 50% off so a good buy. Normally just under $100.00 these days.

Enjoyed the videos Ross and Mike!  The shots flying into the sun were badly affected…perhaps trying the other  end for a change?  I know you preferred that, Ross.  All good fun and it was good to see new devices on display!

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.