Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

TO WET TO FILM MUCH  but we sailed anyway  We waited to the last minute for the sinker to turn up as his usual thing nowadays  but by 11 he still hadn’t arrived but the rain had in force  We decided to miss the usual BBQ  an toddle off  The day was awful  no wind.. rain  an more rain  We lasted till the rain killed what ever wind we had so it was decided that’s it dont wanna be here anymore  THE admiral won the first race an pugwash came second .. surprise 😲  but there ya go captain pugwash caught the down line to the marker buoy/girl with his keel and was stuck so it was out with the blow up canoe and release it  then the buggar ran aground geeeze   but was able to use the breeze to free himself  no other mishaps i think 🤔  five sailed to day with captain pete arriving as we were packing up  at that stage it was a hopeless day  an that was it  ahhhhhhh what fun

I believed that as you got older you got wiser, but not your lot!

The “MARINE MODELLERS OF TASMANIA” had the sense to pack up as the rain started. (Even Fruit loop)

I did drive up to see what was happening, but seeing five men standing on the end of the jetty in the pouring rain was a woeful sight, I didn’t bother to get out of the car.

Just shook my head in disbelief and drove off.

Well my dear ol mate  here’s the thing  true sailors don’t worry about weather except the wind  if there’s no wind we go home  I understand wheelchairs will rust in the rain an the dear ol things shouldn’t be out in the rain anyway  what you saw out on the jetty was enthusiastic floaters members  willing to ignore the rain for the joy of sailing  You as a prospective member will learn to embrace this spiritual feeling when you officially become one of us   ………………………….just sayn

I’m sorry Kermit, but the “enthusiastic bloaters’ members” didn’t look that enthusiastic to me?

Secondly, our wheelchairs are made of Stainless Steel, unlike you RC transmitters with the water dripping out the bottom them.

Next week you will be wondering why your boats won’t work!……………………………………………Just sayn

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.